Receiver advice.

More
06 Jul 2016 22:07 #51373 by ketsa
Receiver advice. was created by ketsa
Greetings,

I have a Devo 7E, range modded and with added NRF24L01+ and A7105. All with PA/LNA.
Now I'm planning my first quad and need a receiver, I have no idea what to select... something with telemetry if possible ? do I need cc2500 for telemetry ?

Thanks for advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2016 02:10 #51379 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Receiver advice.
No, you don't need a CC2500.

You can eliminate most of the protocols deviation does since you can't buy a standalone receiver for most of them. Of those that are left, i think your choices with telemetry are FrSky (CC2500), DSM and Walkera (both CYRF). The FrSky stuff is an easy choice as they have light, inexpensive choices with telemetry and good range. Walkera I haven't been keeping up with because their heli Rx's were overpriced, heavy and had a poor feature set. DSM has a lot of choices, but no standout that I can recommend without knowing what your requirements and budget are.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Jul 2016 03:20 - 07 Jul 2016 03:21 #51383 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Receiver advice.
To help you - and people like you - I've added some columns to the supported protocols table in the wiki: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_protocols .

In particular, it shows if you can buy a stand-alone Rx, and whether or not the protocol supports telemetry. Supports telemetry is right (except for maybe fo r WK2801), but stand-alone receivers is only Yes if I know it for a fact, so there may be some other options. Except the WK2x01. Those are all marked no because they predate not only Walkera becoming a drone company, but walkera switching to the Devo protocol, so may be hard or impossible to find. So the Devo protocol would be a better option if you really want to use that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2016 03:21 by mwm.

More
07 Jul 2016 07:40 #51386 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Receiver advice.
If using Betaflight cleanflight etc, I would advice S bus Rx.

Futuba S FHSS and Frsky you'll need a CC2500.
Could use DSMX such as orange or lemon RX?
An interesting option is also tu use the new Goebish protocol Flysky AFHDS 2A, Rx works with i-bus has telemetry diversity, I tested i bus with Betaflight/Raceflight and it works.
The protocol is still in Beta fase check the the thread, Goebish is on top of it, anyway even not 100% telemetry implemented it worked fine for me. Rx are only 10usd. (a bit bulky myabe)

More
07 Jul 2016 19:54 #51417 by ketsa
Replied by ketsa on topic Receiver advice.
Thanks, those 2 new columns are helpful narrowing down options.
I had a look at AFHDS receivers : Unfortunately, they look big and I'm building something small. I'll probably try that later on something bigger though.

I ordered a cheap DSM receiver for now. A bit worried about small antennas and the CF frame ... We'll see...

Thanks a lot !

More
08 Jul 2016 20:33 - 08 Jul 2016 20:34 #51460 by alibenpeng
Replied by alibenpeng on topic Receiver advice.

mwm wrote: To help you - and people like you - I've added some columns to the supported protocols table in the wiki: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_protocols .

Thanks, dude! I've been missing a page like that!
Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 20:34 by alibenpeng. Reason: closed quote

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds