Large GUI for Devo 12s

More
15 Jul 2016 06:14 #51702 by Chabaz
Large GUI for Devo 12s was created by Chabaz
I am so tired of using and losing the stylus for my transmitter. the very tiny spin boxes and fonts just make it a must. Seams silly that I have one of the top-of-the-line transmitters in the Devo line up and am not able to use my finger to make selections on the fairly large color touchscreen.

I can't be the only one who feels this way am I? . Especially with the onslaught of new transmitters with ever larger screens coming out, are we users of Deviation forever destined to be chained to the stylus?

there anyway I can just scale everything up by a factor of 2 all across the board? Or just the font sizes and spin boxes?

I would really like to be able to use my finger to make selections on my touch screen transmitter.

I previously had a 8s and there I get it, the postage stamp screen leaves much to be desired, but for the 8s and the 12s to share almost every visual component size just doesn't do either the tx or 5.0 justice.

If this has already been discussed I apologize, as I couldn't find reference to it thru search.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2016 20:51 #51730 by mdmbc
Replied by mdmbc on topic Large GUI for Devo 12s
I've been wondering the same thing recently. My stylus tends to be hard to remove from the little holder. Is this something that can be achieved with a skin?

More
16 Jul 2016 19:34 #51765 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Large GUI for Devo 12s
No, actually the sizes and positions are hardcoded...

More
17 Jul 2016 01:19 #51775 by Chabaz
Replied by Chabaz on topic Large GUI for Devo 12s
So I should just forget about ever seeing a finger friendly 12s GUI?

I don't know much about coding. I wish I did. Because I definitely feel like this transmitter and this software is deserving of a user interface that is equally amazing.
Don't get me wrong I love it as it is. Just with this hobby and all the required accoutrement it sucks to be dependent on a plastic stick in order to use my tx to its full potential.

Maybe I'm missing something, is there any way I can navigate entirely with the menu buttons? It seems that they for the most part lack functionality. That wasn't the case and I could select models, change mixers etc with hard buttons reliably the problem would be solved.

I think it's in part a problem of a low quality screen? I can select and navigate small menus on my phone with a similar size screen just fine. But with my Devo 12s not a chance. Can I put a better touch screen in it?

Do any of the other builds for any of the other touch screen transmitters have any better touch function. If so I'll just upgrade. It's hard accepting that a problem can't be solved. I thought that was what I was doing when I bought this 12s.

It's hard to believe that this hasn't been brought up before and hard not being able to contribute. I am extremely grateful for everyone's hard work on here and won't ever go back to using anything else again. Seriously you guys have completely changed this hobby for me forever.
I'm even growing more competent with the advanced functions of virtual channels and mixers. There is nothing I have needed and not been able to do. Nothing compares.

More
17 Jul 2016 19:22 #51797 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Large GUI for Devo 12s
Not necessarily, because it is doable, but somebody have to do it.
As I see, not many of the developers have the 12, probably because of it's price, but there is always some hope... ;)

Phones have capacitive touch screens nowadays, but this is the old resistive kind. You can't simply exchange it...

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds