How do i use a trim button as a channel? need help

More
15 Jul 2016 10:05 - 15 Jul 2016 10:09 #51711 by Preet
Hello.

I own a Devo7E with deviation, and i want to use ch5for gimbal control and therefore i want to use the trim button.
i tried a lot, but can not manage to get the trim button to do small steps.

i want to use the left vertical trim for ch5, minimum command -60, maximum +110, the trim steps should be 8.

can someone help me?

Greets Preet
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 10:09 by Preet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2016 13:43 #51713 by mwm
Been a while since I've done it, so the details may not be right, but you need two channels to do this.

First, set up a virtual channel as a complex mix with one mixer. Give it the name you want (say "Gimbal"). Source is itself ("Gimbal"), curve is 1-1, scale is 0.

Now set up a trim for that channel. Set the step size to 1.

Go back to the virtual channel and make sure that trim is enabled. Now the value of that channel should go from -100 to 100 following the trim setting.

Now go to channel 5. Set the source to your virtual channel ("Gimbal"). Curve is probably 1-1 unless you want expo, scale is (110 - -60) / 2 or 85, offset is 110 - 85 or 25. Make sure that trim is disabled on this channel, or the trim value will wind up being applied twice.

Hmm. Maybe the manual needs a section on trims as virtual channels....

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Jul 2016 16:13 #51720 by Preet
this didnt work, setting the virtual channel and trim didnt work.
i managed to get it working by setting ch5 to simple mixer: min limit -60, max limit 100, scale-60, scale +110, trim to input ch5, trim step 8.
ok the changed value ist not exactly 8 when using the trim button, it is 8 below 0 and 8-9 above zero.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds