Walkera RX802 problem.

More
15 Jul 2016 14:37 - 15 Jul 2016 15:25 #51718 by sledgehammer1570
Walkera RX802 problem. was created by sledgehammer1570
Hi guys! I have a used devo 10 and with it i got the RX802 receiver. In the receiver there is a button which is labeled as "SWITCH". I first thought it was a bind button, like in RX601. So i went on and tried to bind my devo 10 in to it with pressing the button. That was not the case.. The red light blinked and then stopped and i noticed a funky smell coming out of the rx. I thought i fried the rx, but apparently not completely. Eventually i got it to bind with reading some random topics from the internet. There is suprisingly few help for binding the rx802.
So when i give 4-5V to the receiver with my trusty DC box, it behaves quite oddly. The voltage seems to drop and the red light of the rx turns off for a moment. So anyone knows what the "SWITCH" button does and can i trust the receiver anymore?

Edit: I tried it with a Lipo and 5v bec and the rx stays on for about 10 seconds and then just turns off. So i guess it's busted.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 15:25 by sledgehammer1570.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2016 17:27 - 15 Jul 2016 17:32 #51723 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic Walkera RX802 problem.

That switch is used to set the frame rate, 11 millisecond or 22 millisecond.
Binding is done by plugging a bind plug into the battery connector on the RX, see the (many) manuals, that can be found in the Internet.

And IMHO, something that has let off smoke goes into the bin.

A day without flying can't be called a day.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 17:32 by Sero.

More
16 Jul 2016 11:14 #51745 by sledgehammer1570
Replied by sledgehammer1570 on topic Walkera RX802 problem.

Sero wrote: That switch is used to set the frame rate, 11 millisecond or 22 millisecond.
Binding is done by plugging a bind plug into the battery connector on the RX, see the (many) manuals, that can be found in the Internet.

Thanks for the answer. Tried pressing it and noticed a green light turns on while pressing it, after binding.

Sero wrote: And IMHO, something that has let off smoke goes into the bin.

Yeah. I didn't see any smoke coming. It's an electric smell. It might have been already busted, as it is a used rx. The seller said that it works. Yes it works for a half a minute and then the voltage starts to drop on my power supply and the rx just shuts off. It might be shorting somewhere. But yeah, you're right.. It belongs to the bin.

More
17 Jul 2016 09:43 #51782 by Schugy
Replied by Schugy on topic Walkera RX802 problem.
The bind plug is not a bind plug but a fixed ID deletion plug. Using a random ID takes a little more time to initialize but it's still blazingly fast compared to DSM2 receivers. Here's the manual. .

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds