New & need help with Devo7e with NRF24L01 setup

More
16 Jul 2016 13:39 #51749 by Michael_Hahnel
New & need help with Devo7e with NRF24L01 setup was created by Michael_Hahnel
Hi, I purchase a Devo7e last year and the NRF24L01 as below
www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html
in the hope to use it with my JJRC110, Syme X11 and U807.

=> I followed the great YouTube instructions from "Frequent Flyer" but failed to get it to work
* I think I instaled the hardware OK but think may have made some mistake in the software :S

=> Can anybody give me help to try the software instalation again ?
=> Should I upgrade the Devo program first ?
=> Maybe I just have problems with binding the Quads
Thank you in advane for any help ----

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2016 16:20 #51758 by robpur
First off, the NFR24L01 will not control the U807, but should work with the other two copters you mentioned. To control the U807 you need an A7105 module.

There’s four things you need to do to get a 7E working with your models. First you need to install an appropriate module or modules, which it appears you have done. Next you need to install DeviationTX firmware. To test if you have DeviationTX installed, turn on your transmitter, let it settle, then press the top right menu button (ENT). You should see four menu items, and menu item 4 should be “About Deviation”. If you do not see this menu then you need to install DeviationTX. Instructions for doing so can be found here.

www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10

If you prefer video instructions instead of written instructions then check for tutorials on Youtube.

Next you will need to modify your hardware.ini file to reflect the module you have installed. The exact configuration of the file will depend not only on which module you have installed, but also how you connected it. The fourth item on the list is to install model files. Each model that you want to control needs to have its own model file. Model files can be downloaded from the DeviationTX forum, or from RCGroups. Here’s a thread which contains a model file for the Syma X11.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...yma-x11-config#31982

More
17 Jul 2016 11:25 #51784 by Michael_Hahnel
Replied by Michael_Hahnel on topic New & need help with Devo7e with NRF24L01 setup
I eventually was able to fix the problem after several hours by installing a new deviation software5.0 and it seems to be working okay now with the Suma X11 and JJRV1000.

I did get one notification during the installation see attached. If anybody knows what this is and if I need to fix something then please let me know.

For now I am glad that I can start using the Devo7e. Thank you

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds