"Telemetry on" with Deviation 4.01 = Devo crash ??

More
24 Jul 2016 21:31 - 24 Jul 2016 21:33 #52107 by Rollmops67
Hello !
I have a Devo 10 with Deviation 4.01 installed.
With this version (I never installed nighties) I have about 1 500 flights, with helis, planes and gliders with ZERO problems.
All my models have Walkera Rx's (RX601, RX701 or RX1002)
But yesterday I had a problem with a new plane for wich I programmed a new model.ini
At the 6th flight the plane suddenly ceased to respond to my commands (it was about 80 feet away, so this was definitively not a range issue) and crashed.
The plane is total loss (luckyly it's a rather cheapo EPO model)
It was still powered and I saw that there was no reaction from any servo when I moved the transmitter sticks.
After a while I switched the transmitter OFF and ON again, and voilà, the servos responded again to the transmitter inputs.
I decided to take a look to the model.ini file of this plane (wich I copied and modified from another plane) and found what could explain my problem :
On all my other models I have telemetry set to OFF
[protocol_opts]
Telemetry=Off

But I noticed that on this model telemetry was ON
[protocol_opts]
Telemetry=On

So I think (or better said I hope) this can be the origin of my problem.

What do you think about that ?

Regards, Roland
Last edit: 24 Jul 2016 21:33 by Rollmops67.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2016 04:22 #52118 by mwm
You don't say what protocol you're using, which is going to be incredibly important.

If it's a DSM protocol, I believe the answer is "yes, this happens, but it's fixed in 5.0."

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Jul 2016 06:03 - 25 Jul 2016 11:54 #52123 by Rollmops67

mwm wrote: You don't say what protocol you're using, which is going to be incredibly important.

If it's a DSM protocol, I believe the answer is "yes, this happens, but it's fixed in 5.0."

Hello mwm, and thank you for your answer.
Like I wrote I'm using Walkera Rx's, therefore the protocol is DEVO !
Is this protocol also concerned by a potential telemetry bug ?

Regards, Roland

EDIT : I just found this thread wich seems to confirm what I'm thinking :
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ble-brown-outs#42028
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 11:54 by Rollmops67.

More
25 Jul 2016 12:31 - 25 Jul 2016 12:49 #52132 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic "Telemetry on" with Deviation 4.01 = Devo crash ??
4.0.1 public release or one of the 4.01 nightly-builds? What "-xxxxx" commit / tag version number specifically?

Yes, for DEVO protocol (linked "Necessary RF channel fix after CYRF reset" on BitBucket): www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-outs?start=20#44216

RLS 5.0 requirements: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ments?start=20#46348

Deviation 5.0 has been released: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-been-released#47639

Question about 4.0.1 nightly builds: www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-nightly-build#46790

Well, telemetry might be IMHO a little bit unclear for DSM protocol: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=400#46358

DSM (DSMx) "telemetry ON" has been even working on "4.0.1 nightly builds" for me before the latest DSM protocol enhancement which vlad committed and which went into 5.0 release.
I was not really using DSM + telemetry with release 4.0.1 public release (too old codebase with not any recent DSM commits, FlightLog bugs in one of the earlier nightly builds, etc.).

So, 4.0.1 public release is pretty much dead.
Please, really move on to public 5.0 release.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 12:49 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
25 Jul 2016 12:47 #52135 by Rollmops67

Thomas.Heiss wrote: 4.0.1 public release or one of the 4.01 nightly-builds? What "-xxxxx" commit / tag version number specifically?

Danke für die Antwort !
Yes, public release, no nighties installed.

So I think it's time to try version 5.0 !

MfG, Roland

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds