DEVO protocol and telemetry : what hardware ?

More
29 Jul 2016 12:57 #52261 by Rollmops67
Another maybe a little dumb question :
As far as I understand it, the 5.0.0 version of deviationtx solves the "telemetry crashes the transmitter" issue that existed in 4.0.1.
My models have all Walkera Receivers (RX601, RX701, RX1002) with no telemetry build in.
there is the WK-CTL01-D telemetry module existing from Walkera, but as I just would like to be able to know my battery pack voltage in the model, this module seems a bit too overkill (and expensive).
So my question : is there some third party hardware existing allowing telemetry with the DEVO protocol ?

I think it could be interesting to test how a HK OrangeRX with integrated telemetry works (with DSMX protocol), but unfortunately for the moment all OrangeRX with telemetry are out of stock at HK...

Regards, Roland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2016 10:46 #52291 by FDR
I don't know of any third party DEVO receivers.
Walkera itself made telemetry capable all in one receivers (QR Ladybird, Mini CP, Super CP, etc.), and since the protocol is reverse engineered, it coud be done, but it doesn't worth it because of those Orange receivers. They are usually available in one of the warehouses, you just need to act quick, when they are in stock...

More
30 Jul 2016 14:43 - 30 Jul 2016 14:45 #52294 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic DEVO protocol and telemetry : what hardware ?
Found these within 2 minutes of searching. Don't see where it specifies cppm or s.bus but if they're so rare better just BIN and deal with it when it gets to you...

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_vie....asp?idProduct=90601

Edit: this link is for the cppm 6ch (9ch over cppm) so about the easiest to deal with FC input wise.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 30 Jul 2016 14:45 by Cereal_Killer.

More
31 Jul 2016 08:54 #52314 by Rollmops67
Replied by Rollmops67 on topic DEVO protocol and telemetry : what hardware ?

Cereal_Killer wrote: Found these within 2 minutes of searching. Don't see where it specifies cppm or s.bus but if they're so rare better just BIN and deal with it when it gets to you...
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_vie....asp?idProduct=90601

Thanks Cereal Killer for your reply.
I saw this RX on Hobbyking, but I can't buy it because I live in Europe.

BUT...
Taking a look at Hobbyking page this morning, they have the 7 ch RX with telemetry in stock in the Europe Warehouse...
So I ordered 2 of them !
I anyway need 7 channels for my full house gliders.

Roland

More
31 Jul 2016 22:43 #52346 by mwm
IIUC (and I don't have to live with them, so may not), the European versions can't do DSM2. DSMX is fine. So I would expect the ones in the EU warehouse to not do DSM2, otherwise HK could find the authorities confiscating their stock (or whatever they do to people who violate those regulations).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds