Issue with DEVO 10 after upgrading new firmware.

More
31 Jul 2016 07:41 #52308 by dononeness
I need help from all the Deviation experts here. PLEASE.
I bought the 3 in 1 multiple protocol from banggood and installed it on my DEVO 10 following the hack mod instructions.
Then I download the firmware zip file here (deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-S-FHSS.zip) and upgrade my DEVO 10 with the upgrade tool (DevoDfuSe_v1.7_Setup.exe)
After upgrading successfully my DEVO 10 with the new firmware file "deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-523868f.dfu", I closed the upgrade tool and turned off the transmitter.
When I turn on the DEVO 10 again (holding the ENT key and switch the power on) to copy files from the deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-S-FHSS.zip to DEVO 10 hard drive, the DEVO screen does not display at all (blank) and no DEVO drive showed on my computer to copy files to???????

I don't know what to do. My DEVO 10 is brand new, and now it does not work any more. PLEASE HELP!!! :( :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2016 14:25 #52319 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Issue with DEVO 10 after upgrading new firmware.
Devo 10 != Devo7E

Try reflashing the correct Devo 10 firmware file:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...on-devo10-v5-0-0-zip

More
31 Jul 2016 16:24 #52325 by Deal57
As stated, use the correct build for your transmitter.

Also you probably need to use the most recent DeFuse: DeFuse tool.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
31 Jul 2016 16:42 #52326 by bazsound
wrong firmware, you flashed the devo7e firmware.

someone else did this and successfully flashed the right firmware. please be carefull when installing firmware, some devices are not so forgiving and will be bricked if lfashed with wrong firmware.

More
31 Jul 2016 18:15 - 31 Jul 2016 18:52 #52333 by dononeness
Replied by dononeness on topic Issue with DEVO 10 after upgrading new firmware.
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL OF YOU HERE
I can not believe i made a very basic and bad mistake.
I downloaded the DEVO 7 firmware version but I changed my mind to purchase the DEVO 10 at the last minute then I forgot.
I just download the correct version 10 (Thank you so much Thomas Heiss) and also the 2.31 firmware upgrade tool (Thank you so much Deal57) but the TX is dead, nothing happen when I turn it on, how should I flash it???

Thank you.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2016 18:52 by dononeness.

More
31 Jul 2016 19:44 #52337 by Deal57
If you haven't already, remove the batteries from the Devo for about 1/2 hour. That can sometimes clear this problem.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
31 Jul 2016 20:09 - 01 Aug 2016 06:01 #52340 by dononeness
Deal57 - Removal the battery for couple hours does work!!! Thank you.
However now I encounter different issues:
After i opened the upgrade tool (version 2.31 latest) with the firmware version 10 ready, i turned on the TX (EXT + Power switch ON), the screen display "Program upgrading..." but the upgrade tool was not able to connect the TX and the upgrade button kept greying out so I could not upgrade it.
I waited while my computer (Windows 7 64-bit) trying to search and install the device driver software (STM32 DFU) for the USB Devo TX . It finally found the STM device driver but the upgrade tool was still not able to connect the TX. After another couple minutes, the TX was dead again.
So now I have to remove the battery and wait to start again.
I was able to connect the upgrade tool version 1.7 with the TX before and flashed the wrong firmware but failed to connect this time?
I am not sure what happened but I will try the upgrade tool 2.0 instead when the TX is ready again.
Do you have any other suggestions? Thank You
Last edit: 01 Aug 2016 06:01 by dononeness.

More
01 Aug 2016 09:08 #52364 by bazsound

dononeness wrote: Deal57 - Removal the battery for couple hours does work!!! Thank you.
However now I encounter different issues:
After i opened the upgrade tool (version 2.31 latest) with the firmware version 10 ready, i turned on the TX (EXT + Power switch ON), the screen display "Program upgrading..." but the upgrade tool was not able to connect the TX and the upgrade button kept greying out so I could not upgrade it.
I waited while my computer (Windows 7 64-bit) trying to search and install the device driver software (STM32 DFU) for the USB Devo TX . It finally found the STM device driver but the upgrade tool was still not able to connect the TX. After another couple minutes, the TX was dead again.
So now I have to remove the battery and wait to start again.
I was able to connect the upgrade tool version 1.7 with the TX before and flashed the wrong firmware but failed to connect this time?
I am not sure what happened but I will try the upgrade tool 2.0 instead when the TX is ready again.
Do you have any other suggestions? Thank You

make sure you have the right driver installed, therse 1 for use with the walkera dfuse tool and 1 for using deviation tool which does both the firmware and opying the files for you.

I installed the deviation one first, but coiuldnt get deviation uploader to find my tx, so i ran the driver installed again, removed all drivers, and then isntalled the correct driver for using walkera tool.

More
02 Aug 2016 07:33 #52382 by dononeness
Finally, I was successful to re-flash my new DEVO 10 with correct firmware!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

THANK YOU SO MUCH Deal57, Thomas Heiss and bazsound for all of your supports :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tools that help me with the recovery:
1) Windows 8: I think there is a problem with my Windows 7 64-bit so I tried my other laptop that has Windows 8 installed.
2) DfuSe Firmware Upgrade Tool 2.0
3) deviation-devo10-v5.0.0.dfu.
4) DFU USBDrv Installer-1.1

I am so glad that I join this forum and able to receive supports from all the experts here.
MY GREAT APPRECIATIONS TO ALL OF YOU.

More
02 Aug 2016 19:04 #52395 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Issue with DEVO 10 after upgrading new firmware.
Have fun.

The firmware rocks and the Devo 10 is my Spektrum DX8G1 replacement with:
- >8CH support
- lots of mixers (DX8G1 only had ~6 for planes, but not 100% free switch assignment)
- channel / switch assignment / ordering (DX8 fixed channel ordering)
- more free programming within Deviation than the first Airware (you can't compare DX8G1 Airware with DX18/DX9 re-engineered Airware)
- Deviation with logical AND switches (combining e.g ELEV + AIL D/R for 3-way DualRate instead of only 2-way; DX8 had multiple 3-way switches too)

You will be loving Deviation once you get the concept behind the advanced mixer GUI programming...

Good luck!

Thomas

More
03 Aug 2016 07:44 - 03 Aug 2016 07:50 #52414 by dononeness
Hello again,

I have a question about the 3-in-1 mod and Devo 10.
When I turn on the Devo, the screen displays an error message "Module CC_2500 not found". I know my solder point for CC_2500 is bad so I comment out the CC_2500 from the file hardware.ini (by putting the ; in front CC_2500 to disable it). That fixed the error message display.
Now how do I know if the module installed work?
I try to test if I can bind my v977 (Module: NRF24L01 Deviation-Protocol: KN)
I go to the Model Menu->Model setup and go to the Protocol list in DEVO section, scroll through the protocol list but all I can see is the "WK2801" protocol and nothing else??? I am so confused. Please help. Thank You.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2016 07:50 by dononeness.

More
03 Aug 2016 12:34 #52416 by bazsound

dononeness wrote: Hello again,

I have a question about the 3-in-1 mod and Devo 10.
When I turn on the Devo, the screen displays an error message "Module CC_2500 not found". I know my solder point for CC_2500 is bad so I comment out the CC_2500 from the file hardware.ini (by putting the ; in front CC_2500 to disable it). That fixed the error message display.
Now how do I know if the module installed work?
I try to test if I can bind my v977 (Module: NRF24L01 Deviation-Protocol: KN)
I go to the Model Menu->Model setup and go to the Protocol list in DEVO section, scroll through the protocol list but all I can see is the "WK2801" protocol and nothing else??? I am so confused. Please help. Thank You.

there should be more protocols than that even with just the devo module installed, there should be devo hisky and quite a few othjers which are supported by the stock module.

Make sure you edit the ini files with notepad++ and note windows default notepad.

if you have edited it with standard editor, copy over the ini files again like yoiu did when installing devation and edit it in notepad ++, once edited save it.

failing that, try reinstalling the firmware and copying over all of the files to the TX (overwrite everything)

More
03 Aug 2016 16:29 - 03 Aug 2016 16:59 #52421 by dononeness
bazsound - I did edit the hardware.ini file with notepad++ before I copied it over the DEVO hard drive.

I will copy the original file from the deviation-devo10-v5.0.0.zip over and try again when I get home from work

There is another text file called "tx.ini" stayed in the same directory with the "hardware.ini", do I need to take care of that too?

[Like you said if it does not work I will re-install everything.]

In the worst case scenario, I will put the stock firmware back but I don;t know the version of the stock firmware, any suggestions?

Thank You
Last edit: 03 Aug 2016 16:59 by dononeness.

More
04 Aug 2016 17:13 - 07 Aug 2016 21:39 #52437 by dononeness
I found the issue: the hardware.ini file did not have a proper format. There should be no spaces in front (beginner of the line) of all the enable module lines.
bazsound is correct, the stock module should have more than one protocol in the list. It works for me now.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2016 21:39 by dononeness.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds