How to verify if module installed correctly?Devo7E

More
01 Aug 2016 03:42 #52355 by MegaloRex
My Devo7E just arrived and I immediately installed Deviation and an nrf24l01+ module. And it is not binding with my quad.

1. I am temporarily using an nrf24l01+ module, because the nrfl24l01 for devo I ordered from banggood is taking so long to arrive. This could be the reason why it is not binding, but I was hoping it would somehow work even at a very short range.

---- I have this connected now, www.banggood.com/5Pcs-NRF24L01-SI24R1-2_...odule-p-1059601.html

---- Instead of this, which is still in transit: www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html

Any reason why this module would not work?

2. Is there a way to verify if the module is installed correctly? Is the Devo going to display an error if even a single pin is not connected?
I do not see the "module missing" at boot (but sometimes it does appear when I am quickly turning off/on the Devo)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2016 05:03 #52356 by D_an_W
Did you enable the module in the Hardware.ini (Is there a * next to the protocol you are trying to use)?

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
01 Aug 2016 06:15 #52357 by MegaloRex
Yep. I followed the instructions here, the nrf24l01 and nrf24l01+ have the same pins.
www.hacksmods.com/2013/05/nrf24l01-devo7e-pinout/

I soldered it on TMS and in hardware.ini it is A13

More
01 Aug 2016 09:17 #52365 by bazsound

MegaloRex wrote: Yep. I followed the instructions here, the nrf24l01 and nrf24l01+ have the same pins.
www.hacksmods.com/2013/05/nrf24l01-devo7e-pinout/

I soldered it on TMS and in hardware.ini it is A13

Ive used that module in my devo 10 (though not from banggood, but its exactly the same baord) which worked with my v977. however the range aws terrible at 10m it got sketchy, further just lost signal complelty.

Not worth wasting your time as its only good for hovering infront of you.

Do you have an * beside the protocol? in the model section? if so its not seeing the module. I had this issue when i tried to transplant my v977 stock tx module to the devo, it first complained that nrf24l01 was missing but then mysteriiously stopped displaying that but the protocol was unavaibile.

i installed the one you had, but it was still doing the * reflashed the firmware and it started working.

If you find that theres an astericks next to the protocol name, reflash the firmware aswell as copy the files over to the tx and setup the hardware ini again.

use notepad++ not normal notepad, and when finished editing click save.

More
01 Aug 2016 09:18 #52366 by bazsound
what quad are you using? have you got the correct model file laoded?

More
01 Aug 2016 19:45 #52376 by MegaloRex
Thanks for the reply!

Newbie mistake. I spent the past few hours watching soldering tutorials and then I resoldered all the wires and tested it again. It is working now. My first solder wasnt very neat. Actually it was very bad hahaha. :blush:

I have a Eachine H8 Mini. Now it is flying better than ever with Devo7e with Deviation!

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds