Failsafe Devo10

More
01 Aug 2016 13:51 #52369 by DJDavid33
Failsafe Devo10 was created by DJDavid33
hello i need help on Devo 10 for failsafe
I love when I lost or I cut the radio that the engine stops because if I cut the radio continuously engines run :(
I configured
Model Menu
  Mixer
  THR
  Failsafe -100
  thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2016 14:48 #52371 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Failsafe Devo10
What protocol?

This works only for DEVO, and for DSM but only at bind time...

More
01 Aug 2016 19:11 #52373 by DJDavid33
Replied by DJDavid33 on topic Failsafe Devo10
en DSM2 cela fonctionne pas?

More
01 Aug 2016 19:11 #52374 by DJDavid33
in DSM2 it not?

More
01 Aug 2016 20:21 #52377 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Failsafe Devo10
The failsafe is tricky in the DSM2 and DSMX receivers, because some of them only supports failsafe on the throttle channel, but some has smarter failsafe options, i.e. remembers the actual channel values at bind time. Deviation supplies the failsafe values of the channel settings page at bind time for this reason, but not all receivers can accept those...

More
07 Aug 2016 12:11 - 07 Aug 2016 12:14 #52533 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Failsafe Devo10
David what DSM2 receivers are you talking about concrete?
There may be even differences between genuine Spektrum RX, OrangeRX and Lemons (I do not use both of the latter)??

Genuine Spektrum:
You either put down throttle stick to -100% and bind with the bind plug (blinking led).
Or you activate the throttle hold switch which is configured to send -100% for channel FAILSAFE (and not -110, 125 or -125!!!) for electrics.

Be careful: Do not try to arm / bind with >-100%, as some ESC do some THR auto-learning.
e.g -125% = new throttle zero, so the ESC would not turn off when the throttle stick is at lowest bottom position -100%.

Most 6 channel Spektrum receivers (e.g AR600, AR610, AR6210) only care for the "preset bind -100% value" on the THR port.
All other ports use "hold last command" (last channel value before loss of signal).

If you want to use "preset failsafe" (for the other ports besides THR) with Spektrum genuine receivers on bind with bind plug you carefully need to select the right Spektrum receiver, e.g AR8000, AR6255/AR6260, some 7/9CH RX probably have this preset failsafe too. There is a concrete preset scenario how to remove the bind plug. Its written in the Spektrum spec/manual...

AFAIK the Deviation 9.8.11 menu failsafe rows are not used on DSM2/x protocol bind (besides) for the other channels? www.deviationtx.com/manuals/html-devo10/...l-safe-configuration

Not sure about the special "failsafe (Devo) field" -100% of 9.2.2 channel configuration: www.deviationtx.com/manuals/html-devo10/...hannel-configuration
IMHO just set the transmitter to the right THR channel -100% value either by throttle stick or throttle hold switch (what value to send out when safety is activated) before binding.
The Spektrum receiver IMHO uses the "failsafe value" it currently sees on the THR channel on bind?!?

There is no special "FAILSAFE menu" in the Spektrum DX8G1 firmware (and later transmitters) that I would have seen or to be written in Spektrum manuals like it is in Deviation for DEVO receivers...
Therefore Spektrum RX with "preset failsafe" just use a process which is compatible with their own transmitters (missing that special menu).

Deviation programmers please correct me if you know for sure that any Spektrum genuine receiver actually uses the special configured FAILSAFE value for the protocol on bind time (despite what current value is transmitted over the channel).

Thomas
Last edit: 07 Aug 2016 12:14 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
07 Aug 2016 12:40 #52537 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Failsafe Devo10
Indigo's DSM changes started using the failsafe values on the transmitter at bind time. If you set those values in the Tx, then they will be sent instead of the stick/switch positions when binding. You should get the same behavior with either the standard GUI shown in 9.8.11 or the advanced GUI shown in 9.2.2. Whether this makes a difference for your receiver will of course depend on the receiver.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Aug 2016 21:50 #52556 by DJDavid33
thank you for your answers

More
08 Aug 2016 00:49 #52560 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Failsafe Devo10

mwm wrote: Indigo's DSM changes

Mike did they only come in on 5.0, or were they implemented before that?

More
08 Aug 2016 15:02 #52588 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Failsafe Devo10

More
09 Aug 2016 13:00 #52612 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Failsafe Devo10

RoGuE_StreaK wrote:

mwm wrote: Indigo's DSM changes

Mike did they only come in on 5.0, or were they implemented before that?

I didn't notice they had gone in until 5.0, but they were probably there before that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds