DEVO 7E and CC2500

More
23 Aug 2016 18:05 #53045 by VLisbon
DEVO 7E and CC2500 was created by VLisbon
Hello,

I got a DEVO 7E after reading here the reviews, and it is already with Deviation (I did it).

Now I realize that I need a CC2500 "something" to use the XK X100, and in future others...

There are many options for the CC2500 in the market and don't want to get the wrong one.

After few hours reading posts I need some guidence to choose the correct CC2500, (It can be 3 in 1 or 4 in 1, even expensive, but for that I also need instructions how to do it).

Thanks for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2016 20:15 #53046 by robpur
Replied by robpur on topic DEVO 7E and CC2500
If all you want is a CC2500 module then you can get one from Banggood for under $10. However, since cost is not a concern, you might be interested in using a 3in1 from Banggood.

www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-M...itter-p-1046304.html

Installing the 3in1 in such a way that you only use two of the three modules is easy, but if you want to use all three then you will need to solder to a very small processor pin. Here’s a thread on the 3in1 and 4in1 modules.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-3in1-4in1-rf-module

And here’s a page with pics of my 3in1 install, including a wire soldered to the processor pin.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-rf-module?start=740

A 4in1 can also be used but it’s a bit more complicated since you need to remove the stock CRYF module. A pic can be found here.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-rf-module?start=760

The advantage of the 4in1 module is that you only need one antenna, you don’t need to be concerned about overloading the onboard 3.3V regulator since it runs off of 5V, and you don’t need to do the range modification to the stock CRYF module. The disadvantage is that Banggood might not ship you the latest version, and there’s still some questions about whether all features in the 4and1 are working correctly.

HappyHarry has a tutorial on installing the 4in1.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5955-7e...he-devo-version-4in1

I recommend going with either the 3in1 or 4in1 rather than just a CC2500 so your TX would be compatible with more models in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds