Supported Remotes

More
06 Oct 2016 16:34 #54660 by Adamzs
Supported Remotes was created by Adamzs
Hi, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate question but I searched for a while and couldn't find a good answer. I have 2 Devo remotes one is a "DEVO 7" (not the 7E and not the F7, just 7) and the other is a "DEVO 12E" (not the 12, not the 12S and not the F12E) are either of these remotes supported?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2016 16:52 - 06 Oct 2016 16:58 #54662 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Supported Remotes
Devo7 is not supported.

See the FAQ: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/faq#will_you_support_my_radio

"The supported transmitters are the DEVO 6/6S/7E/8/8S/10/12/12S/F7*/F12E*
* Supported only in the Nightly Builds."

"Will you support my radio?

Currently, the Devo6/6S, Devo8/8S, Devo12/12S, Devo10 and Devo7E radios are supported.
DevoF4, DevoF7 and DevoF12E support has been developed and is undergoing testing.
I currently have no plans to support the Devo7. Without USB, and with a segmented display, it is not an appealing platform."

Devo 12E:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussions/3501-devo-12e
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...s-devo-12e-supported
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que.../4444-devo-12e-white

All threads found by using Google: site:deviationtx.com "devo 12e"
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 16:58 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
06 Oct 2016 17:59 #54668 by Adamzs
Replied by Adamzs on topic Supported Remotes
Thanks for the reply. I did find those posts about the 12e, but none of them say anything conclusive and they are not very current. So from reading them it seems to me that the answer is "no, the 12E is not currently fully supported." Is that a true statement?

More
06 Oct 2016 18:18 #54672 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Supported Remotes
Probably the core developers can give you a more accurate feedback in one of those three 12E threads...

5.0-nightly-builds: www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/549-2016-10-05
The downloads folder for the 5.0-nightly-build does NOT list your 12E, so I would guess so, yes.

PB's 12E test build: www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...redblue-devo12e-test
It still says V4.0.1 in the v4.0.1-7c40fe5 name, so it's (quite) older.

PhracturedBlue repository 12E branch: github.com/PhracturedBlue/deviation/tree/devo12e

You can read in the "release 5.0 post development" thread that one of PB's latest actions was a GUI-rewrite for AT9+Devo6/8/12.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...development-post-5-0
Latest repos commits by PB: github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/commits?author=PhracturedBlue

More
08 Oct 2016 03:14 #54705 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Supported Remotes
From reading those topics it appears the 12E is very similar to the 10, but seems to have some minor tweaks that have made it not a direct swap. I'd guess the reason behind the lack of progress is that none of the core developers (when they are around, PB seems to have again disappeared) physically have a 12E, so it would involve lots of back and forth with a willing tester.
If you are really keen to get things moving, I'd suggest lots up up-close photos of the circuit boards, and depending on your electronics experience, trying to trace the various MCU connections listed in the devo 10 hardware docs. It's through stuff like that that we managed to find multiple new switch positions on the devo 6.
NB: I ain't one of the devs, so don't look at me! ;) I just lurk here.

More
18 Oct 2016 14:53 #55102 by Adamzs
Replied by Adamzs on topic Supported Remotes
So if one of you developers is willing to pay for shipping costs I can let you guys borrow my 12E so you can get it to work. (assuming you promise not to break it) Let me know if anyone is up for it.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds