DEVO 8s - Downloading files. INI.

More
21 Oct 2016 01:22 #55238 by MarioCaxito
DEVO 8s - Downloading files. INI. was created by MarioCaxito
Hello friends of the forum. I'm from Brazil and would like to download the TREX 450 Plus settings, and Master CP Walkera V120D02s.

After installing the deviation 5.0.0 can not set up any model. Very complicated to set up my models.

How do I download models already programmed, .ini files for my DEVO 8s DEVIATION 5.0.0

I am new to radios and would put the settings in INI file for these models.

How and where to download the INI file.

Hugs to all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2016 05:10 - 21 Oct 2016 05:59 #55241 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic DEVO 8s - Downloading files. INI.

MarioCaxito wrote: ... How and where to download the INI file...

Look for "Index" at the top of this window under the Deviation headline. In the Index you'll find "Model Configs" where you'll find .ini files other users have uploaded. Ideally, you'll find one for your particular Devo. There's a significant difference between a 7E, a 10 and a 12S in terms of the presence or lack of switches and knobs. It is possible to use a config for a Devo other than your model by specifying the switches you have that may be different from those the other user used.

... How do I download models already programmed, .ini files for my DEVO 8s DEVIATION 5.0.0 ...

Connect your Devo 8S to your computer with an appropriate USB cable. While holding down the "Ent" button on the radio, power it on. This puts the radio in USB mode and its should appear on your computer as a removable device. You can copy files onto the radio just as you would copy files on your computer. (This is not the case with Devo F series controllers - they require different handling.)
Ini files belong in the "Models" folder and are named "Model1", "Model2", etc. There are unconfigured files already existing in the Models folder by default. Just replace those with your new Ini file.
Ini files are readable/editable Unix text files. If you change the file, be sure to use a Unix compatible text editor, such as Notepad+ for Windows or a good multi-platform alternative such as Sublime Text - a free online download. If you edit with something that's not Unix compatible, your file won't be recognized by the radio.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 21 Oct 2016 05:59 by Arnold.

More
21 Oct 2016 22:01 - 23 Oct 2016 05:30 #55265 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic DEVO 8s - Downloading files. INI.
Hello,

> Very complicated to set up my models.

This may be true for plane / quad and advanced mixer GUI.

If you have FBL helis (not CCPM 120 flybars) you can also use the standard mixer GUI, which basically is a Spektrum Airware menu configuration.
It works with the appropriate heli_std.ini template (bug in 5.0.0 release), but not that well for CCPM120 flybars (only with manual edits).

I advice on picking up / searching for the existing heli / FBL threads and the given suggestions to later migrate from standard heli mixer GUI to advanced GUI by using the already given setup (it is not deleted).
See my previous posts to other related threads (best find is using google site:deviationtx.com xyz)

Loading the most of the time advanced heli model ini files and customize it / tweak settings for your model is the suggested way.

DeviationTX has the concept of free mixer programming just like Th9X/ER9X/OpenTX and what gives you the power of the other transmitters like Spektrum.
If you really want to stick to 0815 menus like Spektrum Airware or Walkera Devo firmware (with extended feature support) you are not going to make use of full functionality in the standard GUI - see other posts by mwm (Mike) explaining the "whys".

Before stepping in heli programming with release 5.0.0 please read my postings in thread "release 5.0.0" and linked "heli summary analysis developer thread" - otherwise you will fail to understand Deviation programming and not being able to correctly setup your helis, either standard or advanced GUI.

Feel free to test the standard GUI out if it is sufficent for you and your models.

@moderator:
This posting is IMHO better moved to general questions sub-forum as he does not prove any model config file for Devo8, so not optimal to live in the model config sub-forum. More a post of "basic Deviation understanding and asking for help".

Thomas
Last edit: 23 Oct 2016 05:30 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds