support for the Devo7 (poor bastard)

More
01 Dec 2016 20:56 #56418 by wuzamarine
support for the Devo7 (poor bastard) was created by wuzamarine
I would like to gain access to the FlySky protocol for developmental purposes (radio as a modem for laptop) with my main goal of being able to receive a ping back from a cheap Hubsan X4 running FlySky
Nothing special, just a bare bones telemetry connection to prove I can receive data directly from the protocol. (proof of concept only)

I have a Devo7 and on page one, the developer indicates he does not support the Devo7, only the Devo7e

I do have a UP02 adapter to interface with the Devo7
Is this the only reason it is unsupported?
Can I still achieve my mission using the Devo7 with the UP02 adapter?
I am not concerned if buttons don't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2016 21:57 #56420 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic support for the Devo7 (poor bastard)
It's not supported because its hardware is too weak - small underpowered processor, no dot matrix screen, only segmented LCD. It's impossible to put such an advanced system as current version of Deviation on such a hardware.

More
01 Dec 2016 23:48 #56423 by wuzamarine
Replied by wuzamarine on topic support for the Devo7 (poor bastard)
I have a perfectly good screen on my computer.
I don't need any graphics, at all. I much prefer no graphics.

More
01 Dec 2016 23:53 #56424 by wuzamarine
Replied by wuzamarine on topic support for the Devo7 (poor bastard)
I have a perfectly good screen on my computer.
I don't need any graphics, at all. I much prefer no graphics.

In other words, are you saying it won't look pretty? or flat out it will fail to boot or worse?

I honestly don't care what it looks like. For what I need I can crush the screen into pieces once the device upchucks the right digits.

More
02 Dec 2016 04:04 #56429 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic support for the Devo7 (poor bastard)
No, it won't boot at all. I think it can even not allow you to "upgrade" it to this firmware. Besides, the firmware is model-specific, Devo 10 has one firmware, Devo 7E - another etc. Nobody did an effort to port this firmware to Devo 7 - the "trivial" port is impossible, and severely reduced version which theoretically could fit (huge if!) does not worth it - you'll need some way to configure it anyways, so it means a program for the computer, so it means multiplatform etc etc. There are not so many of us and it is a huge effort.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds