Help - Added two modules, things not working

More
01 Feb 2017 22:25 - 01 Feb 2017 22:31 #58626 by StuartAmbient
Help - Added two modules, things not working was created by StuartAmbient
I added a NRF24l01 and CC 2500 oh and a pololu vreg. Wired everything up correctly as far as all the instructions on the site go.
Upgraded to deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-a3d543c (nightly)

I modified hardware.ini and set nrf to A14 since it was on tck and A13 for the cc on tms.

Tested for shorts and continuity, everything seemed fine. Turn on radio and first message is CYRF6936 is missing. So after looking around at connections, etc I decided to see if I could get my Eachine H8 binding. No luck there either with it set to Bayang protocol.

One weird thing is in the protocol field, nothing , NOTHING shows up with an asterisk. Even if all 3 are working Flysky and a few others should show up as not installed.

I checked voltage from the Pololu to the add on modules and showing 3.3. I checked pins 1 and 7 on the stock CYRF and on my meter it is showing 3.04 and dipped below 3 even. Not sure if there is enough voltage supplied to the CYRF? Batteries are charged at 5.4.

I don't believe I destroyed anything with the iron, at least not noticeable. Worked pretty fast and connections are solid.
I used the attached vreg wiring except I used the gnd off the debug header.

Not sure what to do at this point besides disconnecting but prefer not to rush.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2017 22:31 by StuartAmbient.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2017 22:34 #58627 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Help - Added two modules, things not working
Ok well the voltage going to the factory CYRF module should be 5v so if you're sure it's only 3.x there's your problem... Why isn't it the full 5v?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
01 Feb 2017 22:47 - 01 Feb 2017 22:48 #58628 by StuartAmbient
Replied by StuartAmbient on topic Help - Added two modules, things not working

Cereal_Killer wrote: Ok well the voltage going to the factory CYRF module should be 5v so if you're sure it's only 3.x there's your problem... Why isn't it the full 5v?

No, I was referring to points in the picture. I held one probe on gnd and went through the other pins but only got a reading on pin 1. The one left of SCK. I wanted to see if I could read what is being supplied to the module. I'm not even sure what that 1st point even is, tbh,
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2017 22:48 by StuartAmbient.

More
02 Feb 2017 00:14 - 02 Feb 2017 00:24 #58633 by StuartAmbient
Solved the problems. Here is what I think happened, let me know if it doesn't make sense. You know the module board has the veins /connectors to the contact points below it. I think when I soldered on one wire I wound up breaking the connection between two of those points. That make sense?
Just needed to resolder the wire after bridging the connection. NO more missing CYRF , Bayang / NRF binds and all is right in the world again ;)
Last edit: 02 Feb 2017 00:24 by StuartAmbient.

More
02 Feb 2017 02:28 #58639 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Help - Added two modules, things not working
Pin 7 is the power supply to the CYRF, it should be 5v, if it was reading 3.4 that's an issue. It sounds like it may be intermediate but it's an issue that needs looking into if you want to fly safely...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
02 Feb 2017 15:45 #58660 by StuartAmbient

Cereal_Killer wrote: Pin 7 is the power supply to the CYRF, it should be 5v, if it was reading 3.4 that's an issue. It sounds like it may be intermediate but it's an issue that needs looking into if you want to fly safely...

Pin "7" is GND, which is the Voltage? It maybe pin 1 or not, I'm not sure. I thought that module's vreg was inside, under the shield. The main power was, don't remember right now where i measured it showed 5+ Volts. Whatever my batteries had in them.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds