Devo 7E output power question

More
02 Feb 2017 23:46 - 02 Feb 2017 23:47 #58675 by HeliOS
Devo 7E output power question was created by HeliOS
While waiting for a 4-in-1 module for my DEVO 10 (still on stock firmware: waiting for a drop-in retrofit turned out to be a wise move) to be delivered from Banggood, I just bought myself a new RTF Walkera Genius CP V2 bundled with a DEVO 7E. Upon powering it up I found factory parameters for the heli already loaded. (I think that's a rather ordinary occurrence since the only other RTF Walkera heli I bought new years ago is a 4G6S and factory parameters were already preloaded into the WK-2801 PRO.)

The first thing I did was taking a good look to the 7E manual from the included CD-ROM and one data among technical specs left me baffled: according to what I've been reading on this and other forums, the 7E's output power is limited to about 10mW. Now, either the manual says it wrong (maybe a copy-and-paste error from other model data?) or the latest batches of 7E indeed brought some changes.

Can anyone please confirm my thoughts or recognise such error within technical data in 7E manual?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Proudly defying gravity!
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2017 23:47 by HeliOS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2017 00:12 #58678 by lucas1414
Replied by lucas1414 on topic Devo 7E output power question
The devo 7e I have was limited to 10mw before I did the range mod, I couldn't go further than 20-30m. test the range of you transmitter and you ll know. I reckon the manual is wrong and I think mine said the same...
Lucas

More
05 Feb 2017 10:39 - 05 Feb 2017 10:44 #58766 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7E output power question
where do you think it's wrong? as it says <=100mw, that's just marketing bullshit. check the fcc docs for the 7e, it says 5.6mw output, which is of course <100mw

fccid.io/document.php?id=1759447
Last edit: 05 Feb 2017 10:44 by HappyHarry.

More
06 Feb 2017 10:34 #58810 by HeliOS
Replied by HeliOS on topic Devo 7E output power question
Alas, "marketing bullshit"! That's a bit strong IMHO - of course unless such a misleading data actually happens to be actually flashing on the 7E package in bold capitals. (Mine was bundled with the heli so I can't speak here). Anyway I checked the FCC document which is a proof of what everyone among us already knew about 7E's limited output. Amen.

Now I'm ready to perform the range mod. Nonetheless I am also puzzled by a vicious question: anyone knows who discovered the simple trick of shorting / bypassing a tiny SMD component (it seems the diode/resistor debate isn't over yet ) inside the RF module in order to unleash more mW?

Proudly defying gravity!

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds