Blank display on the Devo 10 after USB operation

More
17 Feb 2017 00:07 #59210 by rbsox0
In case the situation arises that the Devo 10 display lights up but the display is blank and
you don't have a clue where in the transmitter menu system you are... reload the file system
on the transmitter using this procedure to restore the menu system...

This crazy problem happened to me on my Devo 10 transmitter when I unplugged the USB
cable from the transmitter after I copied my file system to the PC for backup. I thought my
transmitter had died in front of my face... it took a lot of screwing around to realize I could not
load anything but the .dfu file back to the transmitter with the Dfuse USB tool. Once I realized that
the transmitter was not defective, I was, (by trial and error and my poor menory) able to reconstruct
the button pushes on the transmitter to get back to USB mode and re-load the Deviation file system.
This would have been a lot easier if I had a menu tree for the Deviation TX firmware... but all is well
that ends well !

This procedure assumes you have Deviation 5.0.0 firmware loaded into the Devo 10 transmitter...
if not use the Walkera 2.31 Dfuse USB upgrade tool to do this. This can be done even though you
are blind on the transmitter screen because the Walkera USB screen still showed up (an obvious clue
that the transmitter was ok)

Be sure your transmitter is connected to the PC with a known good USB cable.

1) Turn on the transmitter and wait 5 seconds for radio to initialize
2) Press the 'ENT' button once (this brings you to the Main menu)
3) Press the 'DN' button twice (this takes you to the USB command).
4) Press the 'ENT' button once (this activates the USB command)
5) Press the 'ENT' button once more to turn on USB mode. Hopefully you will
see the USB symbol appear on the transmitter screen and hear the driver load up on the PC.

At this time you should be able to copy your file system from the PC to the transmitter
to restore normal operation.

6) Press the 'ENT' button once to turn off USB mode on the transmitter.

After the copy is finished...turn off the radio and unplug the USB cable. Then turn
the transmitter on to verify correct operation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2017 00:42 - 17 Feb 2017 00:43 #59211 by ajtank
When I need to access the files on Devo, I always insert cable; press and hold ENT; power up and edit the files. To quit I simply power off Devo and then remove cable. No issue has ever happened before.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2017 00:43 by ajtank.

More
18 Feb 2017 13:21 #59282 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Blank display on the Devo 10 after USB operation

rbsox0 wrote: .

1) Turn on the transmitter and wait 5 seconds for radio to initialize
2) Press the 'ENT' button once (this brings you to the Main menu)
3) Press the 'DN' button twice (this takes you to the USB command).
4) Press the 'ENT' button once (this activates the USB command)
5) Press the 'ENT' button once more to turn on USB mode. Hopefully you will
see the USB symbol appear on the transmitter screen and hear the driver load up on the PC.

Someone didn't RTFM!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds