First attempt at using FrSky, no luck (E010S)

More
11 Mar 2017 10:00 - 11 Mar 2017 10:03 #60118 by ynr
Hi! Usually I go with the DSMx protocol, but I bought an E010S with FrSky RX, because the DSMX version was out of stock. I thought it won't matter as I have a 3-in-1 RF module installed in my Devo 7E. Deviation version is 5.0.0-9d52e48 (nightly).
But the thing is I cannot get the quad to bind using FrSky protocol. It has CleanFlight on it and it's set to RX_PPM SPEKTRUM1024. The flight controller board is this Micro F3 . What I have tried is press and hold the bind button, power on the quad and activate BIND on my transmitter, but unfortunately nothing seems to happen. I've also tried to mess with the protocol options (Freq Fine and Freq Course) to no luck. I know the installed RF module works because I have already used it to bind to my H8 Mini using the Bayang protocol and I think Deviation would show "Missing module error" on startup if it didn't (I have the modules activated in the INI file as well).
This is my first try using the FrSky protocol, does anybody have an idea what I should do to get the quad bound? Did someone already succeeded at binding the E010S? If so, what are your protocol settings?
Last edit: 11 Mar 2017 10:03 by ynr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2017 11:35 #60122 by ynr
After lots of trial and error I could finally bind. From the protocol options I've only needed to touch the Fine Frequency option and left the others at their defaults. The fine adjustment value that worked for me is -45.

More
12 Mar 2017 13:21 #60147 by mwm
That's normal for the CC2500 protocols. I put 4-in-1 modules in my Tx's replacing separate CC2500s, and had to tweak fine again for them models that used it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds