4-in-1 - do I have to solder to MCU?

More
18 Mar 2017 01:23 #60306 by Chimera
4-in-1 - do I have to solder to MCU? was created by Chimera
ok so long story short I got an NRF24l01 module from BangGood and I either fried the module's radio while soldering it in, or it never worked to begin with. The Devo7E sees it but I can't get it to bind with my Cheerson CX10WD even though others have this working just fine.

Since I need to order another one I was thinking about just ordering the 4-in-1 module to avoid having to do the diode-shorting range mod but I do not want to solder to the infamous pin 13 - my soldering skills just won't cut it. Since I won't be using the CC2500 at least for now, is it possible to remove the built-in CYRF module, solder in the new 4-in-1 but not connect the CC2500 pin to pin 13? That way I get 3 of the 4 modules (along with the full range of the CYRF module) but I only need to solder to the same pins as any of the single modules and it leaves me the option of adding CC2500 if/when I feel my soldering can handle it.

Will this work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2017 09:57 #60319 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 4-in-1 - do I have to solder to MCU?
Yup, that works. I soldered the control lines to my 4-in-1 and tested between adding each line. No problems.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 Mar 2017 16:44 #60333 by Chimera
Replied by Chimera on topic 4-in-1 - do I have to solder to MCU?
Thanks, I ordered the 4-in-1 along with a 2x5 female block so I only have to solder 2 wires directly to the 4-in-1 vs 12. That should make it easier and allow me to move the 4-in-1 to a Devo 10 should I want to in future.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds