Make a slow spool up curve - Possile?

More
22 Mar 2017 20:25 #60567 by bazsound
Make a slow spool up curve - Possile? was created by bazsound
I jsut got a 450 and the esc that came with it has a terrible softstart.

I accidentally came out of throttle hold with idle up 1 on and had the heli burst into life at +80 throttle, not so great for the TT...

I dont use a linear curve, its 5 point curve with everything above midstick being flat (+75) below that ive set it to allow stick to give me a ramp up but its still a tad touchey.

Is it possible to have some kind of mixing that will slowly ramp the throttle up until it reaches my flat curve??? AKA softstart but just the radio doing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2017 14:14 #60616 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Make a slow spool up curve - Possile?
Yes, it's possible. You want the "Delay" mix type at the end, triggered by the throttle hold switch.

I'm not going to work out the details, because I believe a better solution is the sticky throttle hold . I may be wrong if I've misunderstood the issue you had. A "sticky" throttle hold doesn't release the hold unless the throttle channel output is zero, so IIUC releasing the hold would have left you checking switches to see why it didn't release, not with a heli spinning up the rotors.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
23 Mar 2017 15:43 #60626 by bazsound
Replied by bazsound on topic Make a slow spool up curve - Possile?
Just looked at the sticky throttle hold, defiantly not what im looking for. although it would stop accidentally spooling up unless throttle is at zero.

the issue is that even wtih soft start on esc spool up is still too much. im wanting spome kind of mix that would slowly increase throttle value

More
23 Mar 2017 22:21 #60653 by mwm
In that case, you want a delay mix of some kind. To have a channel that goes from -100 to 75 with a slow ramp up when you release the hold, you need two mixers in a complex mix. First on is linear, uses the hold switch as input, scale of 88 and an offset of -13 (give or take ½). The second one is a delay mix with a mux type of delay, fixed curve and set the output to the how long you want it to take to ramp up. At least, I think that will do it - been over a year since I set something like this up.

You can see this being used to init a Blade FC at the "initializing the flight controller" section of the model file tutorial .

More
23 Mar 2017 23:04 - 23 Mar 2017 23:41 #60656 by bazsound

mwm wrote: In that case, you want a delay mix of some kind. To have a channel that goes from -100 to 75 with a slow ramp up when you release the hold, you need two mixers in a complex mix. First on is linear, uses the hold switch as input, scale of 88 and an offset of -13 (give or take ½). The second one is a delay mix with a mux type of delay, fixed curve and set the output to the how long you want it to take to ramp up. At least, I think that will do it - been over a year since I set something like this up.

You can see this being used to init a Blade FC at the "initializing the flight controller" section of the model file tutorial .

amazing ill test it out in a seperate model to verify the output works and then try it on my 450. Ill probably use it on my 250. Like the idea of just having linear curves for throttle and just using TH.

Just realised its a bit more complicated as i have 3 flight modes. for 3 different throttle settings using fmod switch w. +80 +90 and then +100.. Ill play around with this and see if i can get it working with 3 seperate throttle settings
Last edit: 23 Mar 2017 23:41 by bazsound.

More
24 Mar 2017 00:53 #60658 by mwm
Set up a virtual channel with the delay, scaled from -100 to 100. Then use that as input to each of your three throttle curves, scaled appropriate for that curve. Assuming I understood what you're trying to do, anyway.

More
24 Mar 2017 01:15 #60659 by bazsound
Thanks sounds about right.

Yes i have 3 flight modes which change throttle from +80 to + 90 and then +100

More
24 Mar 2017 02:05 #60660 by bazsound

mwm wrote: Set up a virtual channel with the delay, scaled from -100 to 100. Then use that as input to each of your three throttle curves, scaled appropriate for that curve. Assuming I understood what you're trying to do, anyway.

not sure how to set the virtual channel as an input to throttle. on my throttle channel source says none and i cant change it

More
24 Mar 2017 16:54 #60692 by mwm
Your curve type is fixed. You need to make it 1-1.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds