Need help. Motors on wizard spin all the way up...

More
30 Mar 2017 15:31 #60944 by Mikewoodkozar
So I don't know what's happening but when I see if the radio is working with the props off the motors spin all the way up to full speed when I have the stick at a low throttle. I can just leave the throttle stick in the low position; just enough to start motors spinning barely. Then I leave the stick in the same position; touch nothing else and they start quickly revving all the way up.

I'm using a Devo 10 with deviation 5.0

Orangerx 615x receiver

Eachine wizard x220

Seriously driving me crazy can anyone help please!

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2017 17:42 #60948 by Deal57
Are you running Betaflight? Did you make any changes to the stock setting or maybe flash a new version? I don't have the x220, and the brushed settings are probably different, so check out www.propwashed.com or RCGroups.com for info on this model. On my F3 Evo brushed controllers I need to turn on motor_stop in the Configuration page. I also have to use the pwm command in the CLI "set motor_pwm_rate = 32000.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
30 Mar 2017 19:31 #60949 by TheSFReader
Replied by TheSFReader on topic Need help. Motors on wizard spin all the way up...
Mike, As far as I understand, (from some youtube video by Joshua Bardwell, no link, he posts too much to find it again), the spin-up is quite normal : the flight controler tries and accelerate a motor to compensate "some" micro deviation from the attitude he thinks you want. And since there is no propeller, effect on attitude is --->nothing. So he tries and increase the props effect by increasing motor speed, and keeps increasing until he gets an effect...

I suppose you could check if that's the same phenomenon you're having by starting the copter from a slightly differently near horizontal attitude, and most probably it'll be a different motor that starts to spin up...

More
30 Mar 2017 20:11 #60950 by Mikewoodkozar
Replied by Mikewoodkozar on topic Need help. Motors on wizard spin all the way up...
That's totally correct and it was a oh dumb me moment. So thank you very much. I just didn't want to potentially fly it and have it take off.

Then like five min later I went to put it back together and I cooked the rx in he process by stupidly having the wrong pins in the servo lead :(

Damn and just when I think I had it figured out.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds