impossible binding Devo 7e to Makerfire

More
08 Apr 2017 17:20 #61270 by texs59
Hello,
first, sorry for my poor english (good blessed google traduction).
I buy a new devo 7e and a quad Makerfire who used DSM2 protocol.
Also, I install Deviation V5.0 with the DevoDfuse tool (java tool).
My problem: when I try to bind it with my quad, the Devo freeze on "0sec"
The multi seems bindé (blue LED fixed after a few seconds) but the radio remains blocked on "0sec". I tried to install Deviation 3 and there, it is bin but I have only models "plane" and "helico", no quad. How can I do?
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2017 12:03 #61306 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic impossible binding Devo 7e to Makerfire
You really should stick with Deviation 5.0. When you get the solid blue light, can you press the ent or ext button on the Devo and go back to the setup menu? If so the model should be binding correctly.

What ini file did you use for this model? Or did you create one from scratch (it is easy to do)?

I suggest removing the props from your model until you know it is functioning correctly.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
09 Apr 2017 19:28 #61311 by FlipRide1
Replied by FlipRide1 on topic impossible binding Devo 7e to Makerfire
Hello Texs59,

I have the same issue when binding DSMX/DSM2 protocols on my Devo10, for some reason it always stops the countdown at 0 sec. The solution (at least on mine) is to hold the right stick down. I hope this helps.

More
09 Apr 2017 20:25 #61314 by texs59
Replied by texs59 on topic impossible binding Devo 7e to Makerfire
Deal57: I try this but it's doesnt work.
I do not use any particular INI, just those that are provided with Deviation 5.0. I had chosen "Multi" as a model. Thanks

FlipRide1: I'm going to try. Thanks

Otherwise, I installed Deviation 4.0.1 and I managed to binder by removing Fixed ID and putting me in DSMX. However, still no reaction from the Makerfire. I put it under Betaflight, I made all the necessary adjustments (like on the tutorial of a friend: Tazkiller85 on Youtube) but still nothing. I see on the screen when I move the sticks but it still does not start the multi.

More
10 Apr 2017 02:13 - 10 Apr 2017 02:14 #61321 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic impossible binding Devo 7e to Makerfire
How are you arming the Makerfire? Normally you can hold the left stick down and to the left for a few seconds and the blue light on the FC will blink or come on. That only works if your stick is sending a range from 1000-2000, and in Deviation (other TXs too) the range seems to be 1159 - 1841. Check the stick range in the Cleanflight or Betaflight web configuration tool in the Receiver section. I suggest you check out using the CLI command "rxrange 0 1159 1841" (use the range that actually matches your transmitter) for all four basic channels to make BF think it is getting 1000-2000. This avoids messing with the endpoints of the channels and lets the CF/BF do things the way it likes.

As an alternative, in CF or BF you can set up a channel to Arm the FC, then in the Devo you need to have a channel with an arming switch. On my BF birds I use AUX 1 over 1500 to arm, and set channel 5 as a switch to arm (set up in the Modes page).

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 10 Apr 2017 02:14 by Deal57.

More
10 Apr 2017 07:54 #61329 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic impossible binding Devo 7e to Makerfire
What are you doing to get the Devo out of Sec 0 mode? it's normal for it to stop there and then wait for input from you. It does that because there are some DSM Rx's that take their failsafe values from the values at bind, so you get a chance to set them here. AFAIK we only do that for the DSM protocols.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 Apr 2017 10:10 #61393 by texs59
Replied by texs59 on topic impossible binding Devo 7e to Makerfire
Sorry for the delay. So I finally managed to fly a little. Here's how: after comparing my settings (Betaflight and Devo 7e) with a friend who has exactly the same config, it was deduced that it could be a conflict problem in Betaflight. So I uninstalled Betaflight and even Google Chrome. I re-installed everything. I asked my friend to send me his Betaflight config file. And then, it finally worked. Finally, a little, I made a lipo. At the second, I began to lose power. Verdict: 2 motors probably hs (the 3 and the 1). With a lipo fully loaded, it takes off with difficulty and ends up landing with only the front engines that work, the rear rotate very slowly.
Thank you for your help.
Ps: for information, I had to go on a computer under XP to be able to install Deviation with the application DFuse Upgrade.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds