Compatible Recievers For Devo Users

More
10 Apr 2017 16:07 #61343 by Quadman
Compatible Recievers For Devo Users was created by Quadman
Hi I was just wondering which receivers were compatible with the deviation firmware.
I am using the devo 7e with 3 in 1 module.
i was fortunate to find someone who was familiar with and capable of doing the upgrades for me.
I am capable of using the various protocols and loading and editing ini files with toy grade quads however recently i have ventured into the FPV racer field of flying.
Many of the quads come in BNF, or kit form and require a separate receiver to be fitted I purchased a redcom cm703 receiver and it works fine on either the DSMX or DSM2 protocol however as there are so many, Futaba, spectrum FrSky, Flysky and others, and a countless number of recievers available for each protocol is there a list of the ones that will work and the ones that won't. Or will all the FlySky receivers Work with the FlySky protocol and so on and so forth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2017 23:55 #61365 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Compatible Recievers For Devo Users
Pretty-much the latter

More
11 Apr 2017 01:00 #61368 by Quadman
Replied by Quadman on topic Compatible Recievers For Devo Users
Thanks for your answer, so I take it from what you are saying that they will all work for their respective protocols.
I find that curious as various FlySky TX's are incompatible with some of the FlySky recievers, however I realize with some protocols Futaba for instance there is the ability to change settings within the frequency, for instance in order to bind to my XK 251 I had to adjust the fine frequency to -21.
That's a big help to know that I can go ahead and order the receiver that I was looking at and be sure its gonna work.
This one, Flysky 2.4G 10CH FS-iA10B Receiver PPM Output With iBus Port :)

More
11 Apr 2017 09:22 #61375 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Compatible Recievers For Devo Users
It's the protocol, not the reciever. Generally, hobby companies (that sell standalone multimodel transmitters) stick with one protocol at a time, but upgrade it every once and a while. Usually everything from them moves to the new protocol pretty quickly, but they'll still still the old stuff for people who want it, and the new gear tends to be backwards compatible where it's legal.

This is different from the toy companies (which don't sell standalone multimodel transmitters, but replacement transmitters for individual models) where the protocol for a model is driven by the hardware design, which is driven by cost. So it changes between models regularly, and sometimes between revisions of the same model.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds