New to deviation and Devo radios Need help

More
19 Jun 2017 18:43 #63042 by rahulgaba
Hello everyone

new here.. not to the hobby... been a spektrum guy. Recently looking into some helis like HCP100s has made me want to look into other radio protocols and radio manufacturers. deviation seems to be the most interesting to me :)
so ..

Devo 12s .. compatible with Deviation ?
Devo 12s needs what 4 in 1 ? and where do I find instructions to solder what where.. I would like to use a 3 solder RF module if possible instead the 50,000 solder :D

Devo 12s used is what I am looking at, but if that falls through, which radio you recommend the most? devo 10 ?

Essentially, the Devo 12s with 4in1 will be DSMx DSM2 Futaba hisky walkera XK etc etc all compatible ?

THese are some startup questions.

Please help .. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2017 23:43 #63046 by mwm
To do DSM, you don't need the 4-in-1. Just install deviation on it. That's reversible, so you can return (or sell as new) the thing if you're unhappy with it.

To use any useful protocol but DSM, you'll need to add at least one RF module. The 4-in-1 is provides them all with minimal soldering and doesn't need extra antennas, so it's a popular choice.

Instructions on installing it, as well as what Radios will and wont work, are in the Wiki linked to by the left menu. Íd recommend sticking one one of the 6/7e/8/10/12 for a first radio. You probably want to start with a release, which means those unless you're building your own, and there are more people with experience with them to help you if you have problems.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
22 Jun 2017 02:18 #63082 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic New to deviation and Devo radios Need help
The Devo 12e is a good alternative to the Devo 10 and can be bought for US$85.00 from www.ucdrone.com/devo-12e?search=12e

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
22 Jun 2017 02:54 #63085 by crash7X
Replied by crash7X on topic New to deviation and Devo radios Need help
More than a good alternative AFAIK.

I can't find a Devo 10 for anything like $85. The 12E seems to be a Devo 10 with two extra rotary potentiometers.

If/when you need the other protocols, get a 4in1 module meant for the Devo, the one I found was $40 and a bit of a wait for the slow boat. Installation quite straight ahead compared to the old days…

The only thing not to like is the white color. I'm not looking forward to its appearance after some time in the field.

crash7X

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds