Giving Camera and Gimbal control to another TX.

More
04 Jul 2017 15:14 - 04 Jul 2017 15:15 #63283 by chase
Hi,

TX is a 12E. Which I'm about to install a 4n1 and Deviation on.

Example bird has an fpv camera. And a 3 axis gimbal with a camera on it for recording aerial footage. Both video and stills.

FPV goggles for FPV if that matters.

What i want to do is pass full control of the camera gimbal and it's camera functions to another TX or control system with video feed.

I saw this done with another TX system, I'm not sure who did it, i think it was TestFlight or someone else.

Can i do this easily and simply with the given set up using my 12E Deviated TX adding with say a stock Devo F12E to control the camera/gimbal functions?

If so, how would i go about it?

tia
- chase -
Last edit: 04 Jul 2017 15:15 by chase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2017 18:02 #63285 by mwm
Assuming you only have one Rx (doing it with two is left as an exercise for the reader), you want to use the PPM input facilities in model setup, set it to Extend (this use is actually mentioned in the documentation). You can then either use a trainer cable and PPM out on the second Tx, or a cheap Rx with PPM out that you plug into the trainer port and bind the second Tx to.

In Extend mode, the PPM input become extra channels that you can use as sources in the mixer for the output channels that control the gimbal & camera.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Jul 2017 19:01 #63289 by chase
Thanks. That's easier than was shown by FlightTest or whomever.
In my case, the bird is a Scout X4 with an Owl + , iLook+, 3G gimbal.
Second TX a stock Devo F12E.

This brings up a secondary question.
The second TX.... Does it have to be the same brand or have Deviation installed to be used in the above manor, to control the gimbal/camera?. Or be used as a trainer TX?

In my case the Devo 12E with Deviation. The second TX being a F12E with stock Walkera firmware.

Again thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Happy 4th btw.
Cheers...

More
05 Jul 2017 13:23 #63310 by mwm
The second Tx an be anything that will output the appropriate signals. If it works as a trainer and has the right cable, it will work with deviation. So the F12E if it has a trainer port, or a used Spektrum Tx, even this one without an rf module www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-DX4e-for-Simul...7:g:PnkAAOSw8w1X-Ren

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Jul 2017 17:35 #63312 by chase
Great to know, thanks mwm.

I have a rebranded flysky or FrSky T6 i can use then if i opt to use a separate screen for the video feed for the main camera. ( I have an external 5.8 video thing to receive video feed. It'll give me an excuse to use it) Otherwise the F12E has a built in video screen. Just makes things easy.
But thanks.. that's really good to know. It opens options up for me.
Cheers...

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds