what protocol to use for walkera master cp on the

More
28 Aug 2017 03:54 #64002 by Firebug
Hey guys,

Can anyone please help? I recently purchased a rx701 receiver for my walkera master cp. I have a devo 7e with deviation but is anyone able to tell me what protocol to set the tx on so i can bind to the receiver please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2017 04:43 #64004 by vlad_vy
"Devo" protocol.

More
28 Aug 2017 23:34 #64007 by Firebug
Thanks mate,

I bought a new receiver and was told to buy this one by hobbyking i purchased the RX701 for my master cp. Is there a way to find out if my devo 7e will bind to this receiver? Ive tried what the videos say to do but I'm not sure if i'm missing a step or if it just wont bind?

More
28 Aug 2017 23:48 #64008 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic what protocol to use for walkera master cp on the
The RX701 is a Walkera Devo receiver, the Devo range of TXs were specifically made for this protocol so yes it will work; if it doesn't, there are other issues.

Which videos? There may be differences in binding when setting up via deviation, or maybe the old bind needs to be cleared (haven't worked with a devo receiver in a long time)

The built-in transmitter chip in the Devo 7E is the CYRF6936, which can handle Devo, DSM2, and DSMX (and a couple of other odd ones).

More
29 Aug 2017 00:36 #64009 by Firebug
its behaving really strange. I have re built the whole heli so everything basically is brand new including servos and motors. Ive got it to bind but i cant get the elev servo to respond to throttle input and now when i plug the motor back in the main blades want to spin even with the throttle completely down. I'm starting to think its settings in the tx i need to change but i dont know what to do from here.

More
29 Aug 2017 22:08 #64022 by Deal57
Yeah, important thing to remember is to remove blades before tinkering with receivers :huh: We've all been there.

Are you building your own model in the TX or are you using a model.ini that you downloaded? If you are using one you downloaded, please post it here so we can review it. If you are using the TX to build a model, it's a bit daunting first time, but not too hard. In the Model Setup, File button (starts out saying "<Load>"), you can use right arrow to scroll to the Template.. option and load the 6-channel heli template. Your mixers should be set to basic defaults at that point.

Check out Tom Z's model.ini file and documentation at this thread .

Let us know how it goes.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds