Frsky frequency question

More
10 Sep 2017 00:52 #64308 by magic_marty
Frsky frequency question was created by magic_marty
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything but i am sure this has been covered before..I need to know the correct way to adjust the frsky freq line ect to get the strongest signal..Not sure what the freq coarse and also the adgain are for also...Reason i ask is i get Failsafe on my BFight 210 at around 100 feet which is a bit short IMO...It does have the small D8 rx which is not a full range rx but surely it should do better then that..
Thanks all..
<Marty>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2017 10:13 #64312 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky frequency question
COARSE is the other CC2500 frequency adjustment. I don't know that it's ever been useful.

ADGAIN is applied to the Rx voltage telemetry value. The analog-digital converter on the Rx can only handle 3.3 volts, so you need a voltage divider to reduce the battery voltage to those levels. You set the ADGAIN value to the value of the divider to get the true battery voltage. Or if you're like me, you put a connect a battery and volt meter to the Rx, and adjust ADGAIN so the Tx reports the same value as the volt meter.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
10 Sep 2017 15:22 #64316 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic Frsky frequency question

magic_marty wrote: Did a quick search and couldn't find anything but i am sure this has been covered before..I need to know the correct way to adjust the frsky freq line ect to get the strongest signal..Not sure what the freq coarse and also the adgain are for also...Reason i ask is i get Failsafe on my BFight 210 at around 100 feet which is a bit short IMO...It does have the small D8 rx which is not a full range rx but surely it should do better then that..
Thanks all..
<Marty>

Is this what you are looking for?

More
10 Sep 2017 16:51 #64318 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Frsky frequency question
I adjusted the freg fine a bit..It was loosing bind at -13 and -83 i had it set to -40 so i changed it to -47 which i think should be closer to the middle...

More
11 Sep 2017 03:12 #64320 by ajtank
Some mini D8 receivers transmit RSSI. Try picking the best value by comparing the RSSI too.

More
11 Sep 2017 03:31 #64321 by magic_marty
I checked on the telemetry page on my tx and not getting any RSSI , would it perhaps be transmitted to the FC where i could see it on the OSD ?

More
11 Sep 2017 07:29 #64327 by ajtank
Different receivers behave differently. Some transmit RSSI as embedded telemetry but some do not. If you don't see RSSI then you can only perform a range test to determine the best value.

More
12 Sep 2017 06:26 #64345 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Frsky frequency question
some of the small d8 can be flashed with new firmware for telemetry and I changed the little piece of wire for a proper dipole on the ones I have and that improved the range greatly.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
12 Sep 2017 07:54 #64349 by magic_marty
I have a better rx on the way but it is back ordered at the moment..Gonna try the new Frsky R-XSR , seen a review and it's full range with full telemetry so hopefully it works out...Might look into flashing new firmware after i replace it with the new one..

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds