Deviation & The HH nCPs - incompatible? - RESOLVED

More
09 Nov 2017 05:55 - 11 Nov 2017 19:35 #65642 by stringrazor
I've used a Devo7e (range mod, A7105 & Nrf... modules, extra sw) running an older version of Deviation, 4.0.1-5ldf623 for quite a while. I never updated Deviation to 5.x because it's done everything I've needed. I just fly micros helis and quads. The nCPx has been my favorite and I'd hoped the nCPs would be an improvement but I've never been able to get the 2 nCPs helis I have to fly anywhere near as well as the older nCPx's do. In AGILITY/RED mode, the nCPs darts all over the place while the nCpx under the same Deviation program is rock stable.

In trying to find out why, a member of another forum stated that he could never get the nCPs to fly right with Deviation. It only flew well when he got a Spektrum Tx. He suggested that Deviation may not be compatible with HH's S.A.F.E. products. I don't have a DX radio to prove/disprove that statement so I was hoping I could get some feedback here. Is there any validity to that statement? Might it help if I upgraded to a recent build? Anyone else here flying the nCPs w/Deviation?
Last edit: 11 Nov 2017 19:35 by stringrazor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2017 07:18 #65644 by mwm
There's a known incompatibility with DSM that affects some of the HH AIO recievers, and it's possible this is affecting the CPs but not the CPx. Seems unlikely given your description, but maybe. It causes random jumps in the outputs if the number of channels is to high for the Rx. So dial the number of channels in deviation down to the bare minimum required by the CPs and see if that helps.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Nov 2017 07:27 #65645 by quique65

More
09 Nov 2017 14:52 - 09 Nov 2017 15:07 #65660 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic Deviation & The HH nCPs - incompatible???
I think I misspoke. I don't believe I'm using Agility mode but rather 3D mode. I'll check the program to be sure.

mwm wrote: There's a known incompatibility with DSM that affects some of the HH AIO recievers, and it's possible this is affecting the CPs but not the CPx. Seems unlikely given your description, but maybe. It causes random jumps in the outputs if the number of channels is to high for the Rx. So dial the number of channels in deviation down to the bare minimum required by the CPs and see if that helps.

I will give that a try, thanks.

quique65 wrote: See this post www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/4926-blade-nano-cp-s

I did read through that thread before I posted. I didn't see anything in there that matches what I'm experiencing but I will check everything again. I doubt it's a bind issue because it flies fine in blue/Stability mode and the Red LED stays on when I go to Idle Up.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 15:07 by stringrazor.

More
11 Nov 2017 19:36 #65757 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic Deviation & The HH nCPs - incompatible? - RESOLVED
All I needed to do was to bring down the AIL & ELE rates a bit. the ncpx still flies better but with the rates lowered a bit the ncps is much more enjoyable.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds