Getting THRO to turn on

More
26 Dec 2017 22:41 #66614 by cooper
Getting THRO to turn on was created by cooper
Just got TSG8 for Xmas. Decided to test unit with my DSM2 slick foamy. Was able to program the types and MIXES to get all 4 channels to work. BIND works fine and turns on Orange Rx just like it is supposed to. All surfaces work, but the THRO just does a "twitch...twitch...twitch" all the time. No amount of throttle stick causes the motor to turn. Tried with my Orange Micro Tx and the slick works just fine.

I think problem with SAFETY SYSTEM protocol. When Tx comes on it shows CH1 at 0% and safe value at -100%. Moving the stick gives me 0 - 100% positive but not neg. I can use trim to go to -10% but nothing more. I was able to make change of safety system to CH3 but same limits are shown.

So how do I get to change the safe value to go to ZERO or some other value? Does one have to program that via USB changing of program? I go to the MIXES section and change their values and channels but that does not affect the SAFETY SYSTEM display values. How does one program the SAFETY SYSTEM from the Tx?
tjcooper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2017 02:24 #66627 by cooper
Replied by cooper on topic Getting THRO to turn on
UPDATE: this is not mentioned in the Tx booklet, but to get the SAFETY SYSTEM to honor the safety value, you have do two things:
1) get the definition of throttle to have min of -100% and max of +100%
2) then you need to set the throttle trim a little more negative. I tried trim to -101 and did not work. Tried -102% and did not work. When I did trim to make throttle in its minimum position become -105% then the SAFETY SYSTEM would honor the test and let you proceed to fly the aircraft.

STRANGE
tjcooper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds