Binding to DSMX/DSM2

More
27 Dec 2017 03:23 #66616 by Minionstar
Binding to DSMX/DSM2 was created by Minionstar
Bear with me, technical language and programming are not my strength.
About a year ago I bought the Devo 7E and installed the NRF24L01 module to fly my Eachine E010. It worked great and I had hoped to move on to a little bigger quad to fly outdoors. The Eachine QX105 (bat) had just been released and I preordered one with the DSMX/DSM2 Reciever. It cost more than my TX, the module, and the E010 combined. And it was a terrible mistake because after a year of on and off attempts I've never been able to get any closer to flying than the one time I turned it on and immediately lost a prop to my wall.

TL;DR My actual question is- Does Deviation on the 7E innately support DSMX/DSM2 or do I need to install another module? I'm now reading about the 4-in-one module, but its about $50 which is a little more than I'd like to spend when I already have the NRF24L01 installed.

If anyone has any experience with binding to the QX105 in general, I'd love to hear about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2017 03:43 #66617 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Binding to DSMX/DSM2
DSM2/X protocols supported initially. Try to use "Deviation v5.0.0 build with latest protocols" and "OrangeRX" protocol option if you will have any problems.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...cols?start=260#66401

More
27 Dec 2017 05:21 #66618 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Binding to DSMX/DSM2
Note also that while the 7E does natively support DSM2/X (when deviated of course), the module used does not have the power amplifier enabled so it has limited range; if you keep the quad within say 50m of you then it should be fine.

For more range, you can either do the potentially tricky/risky mod to enable the power amplifier, or replace the module; the module used in the other devos has the power amplifier enabled but is hard to come by, the the 4-in-1 has a replacement module plus the three other most used modules.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds