Problems flashing F12e

More
15 Feb 2018 12:45 #67518 by ojw
Problems flashing F12e was created by ojw
I recently bought two F12E, and have planned to mod with 4-1 modules.

I've had problems flashing them. I am a Linux user, and none of my (6) linux installations would find the transmitter. The upload tool ran fine, but I had to move to an OSX computer to see the transmitter.

After some tinkering on OSX and Windows - I was able to flash the tx. The transmitters do boot into Deviation, but I think the file system is missing. Models do not save on exit, there are no templates - and this is obviously a little confusing.

I can see no files in the FILE MANAGER tab in the installation tool. I cannot save models, change icon - none of the 'disk' related functions in Deviation seems to work.

I also cannot upload the files using the deviation upload tool. I am using the 0.8.0

I am not mounting the transmitter as USB Disk.

I have tried all the nightly builds, and ti flash from the .zip file - checking all the replace, format and library boxes. See attachments.

Is it me?

The behavior is the same on both transmitters and on OSX / Windows 7.

Any idea what I could be missing?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2018 09:20 #67529 by ojw
Replied by ojw on topic Problems flashing F12e
This turned out to be a problem with the windows USB driver.

i did not restart after installing the driver, but this IS required. This is mentioned in another thread, and I finally found it.

File system is also special for the F12E, due to memory limits. This means that you have to flash with deviation upload tool - then restart the transmitter, to get access to the USB disk from windows. Now you will se only one file (that contains the file system zipped).

Now, delete this file from windows - and copy the .fs file from you zipped deviation archive. Now restart the transmitter, and you should be good.

oj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds