T8SG Plus "Do not download STMicroelectronics"

More
14 Jul 2018 21:52 #69878 by Ultracon
I am trying to flash my new T8SG Plus because it is stuck in USB mode when I turn it on.... It worked great one day then..POOF! Nothing but the USB icon. The transmitter is stuck with the USB icon. The Jumper people told me to flash it because the file system must have been corrupted!

The instruction manual says....."Do NOT attempt to use the DfuSe tool from STMicroelectronics"! However in downloading the latest Nightly Build, that is exactly what I get when I check the drivers. I have worked myself through the uploader tool, installed drivers, the PC "sees" "STM Device is Dfu mode" in the Win 10 device manager. I am still stuck with the USB icon unless I power up with the EXT button, then I get a blank screen.

The PC creates a "G" drive, but when I open it, the PC says the drive is invalid. Can't format it or anything. This is an absolutely ridiculous mess for a nice product like this!

The manual says not to install the STMicroelectronics firmware but does not tell you which one that is so you can avoid it, or which one you should download except for the latest version. Jumper needs to jump on the bandwagon for this and also qualify the installation for Win 10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2018 05:57 #69879 by Ultracon
Replied by Ultracon on topic T8SG Plus "Do not download STMicroelectronics"
Anybody from Jumper out there?

More
15 Jul 2018 07:48 - 15 Jul 2018 07:49 #69880 by Schugy
You could Download deviation-uploader-0-9-0 and Java 8 and try again. Sorry, but I don't own a Jumper transmitter.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2018 07:49 by Schugy.

More
15 Jul 2018 18:53 - 15 Jul 2018 18:56 #69881 by Ultracon
Thanks for the reply!! But I already tried that and I still can't get it to work. The computer sees the transmitter but tells me the drive device/transmitter is not a valid drive. Even unable to format......I have tried four different USB ports as well.......
Last edit: 15 Jul 2018 18:56 by Ultracon. Reason: more info

More
17 Jul 2018 00:36 #69888 by Ultracon
Any help out there?

More
17 Jul 2018 01:55 #69889 by Ultracon
FIXED IT! Finally able to format the USB drive and then reload everything...... phew!

More
17 Jul 2018 07:04 #69892 by popad
Hi @Ultracon,

can you tell us more, how you resolve that ?

I think that I am same issue, but with no solution yet.

With stock firmware T8SG+ no connection with PC on Linux, Windows Xp and 7.

Sure. I have tried all drivers from download section, without succes.

Thank you.

More
18 Jul 2018 02:05 - 18 Jul 2018 02:12 #69895 by Ultracon
Here you go popad. Glad to try and help. It took me a week to figure this out with help from Jumper support.... I am running Win 10. These steps are if you are running Windows!

1. Download a copy of the user manual, It is invaluable. It gives you the down load links but you probably know that. Also, create a folder on your desktop for the files you will download, I simply called my file "Deviation"

2. Use the DfuSe USB Upgrade tool (Windows™ only), not the Deviation tool.

3. Download the firmware into your Deviation folder ... First, ensure that your Devo is fully charged before starting the installation. Download the deviationdevoXX-x.y.z.zip firmware from deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/1-deviation-releases where XX is the number of your Jumper T8SG™ transmitter. x.y.z identifies the deviation version. Get it from the nightly builds.

4. You can download the DfuSe tool from: drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B6SupsT8-3_ BYXNQM1dOUlRYcGM, use the latest version, 2.31 and put it in your Deviation folder.

5. Download The Deviation Uploader tool can be downloaded from the google link in the user manual
If you are using Windows™, you need to install the appropriate USB drivers. www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/ 161-dfu-usb-tool . Install in the Deviation folder

6. You should have put all the files in your Deviation folder. Unzip the firmware and anything else that is a zip file.

7. Extract the Deviation USBDrv Installer, and run ‘DFU USBDrv Installer-x.y.exe . Use the second choice, the walkera USB for Dfuse tool.

8 Check your device manager for the new driver/transmitter. Mine was SM Device in DFU mode under USB Controllers in the device manager. You may have to go to view, hidden items, to see it. I did. Go back and run the installer tool..... Walkera Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools.

9. The screen in the tools should recognize your device. Go down to the file entry, go to browse and select the deviation-_t8sg_v2_okys-v5,00.0 and select it. You should then upgrade and wait until it says complete. See para 2.2 in the User Manual.

10. After the successful upgrade check the drives in My Computer, there should be as new USB removable drive. That is the transmitter.

11. I then formatted (not quick format) that drive. That cleans out the transmitter any glitches, errors, etc, etc.

12. Go to para. 2.3 in the manual and it will show you what files to copy and paste into the new USB removable drive.

13. Turn the Jumper off, and then turn on again normally. Problem should be fixed because you cleaned it out and re-installed the firmware.

Send another post if you run into trouble. Good Luck!!! and let me know how it went. It seems complicated but it isn't after you get everything unzipped and you can see the unzipped files in the Deviation folder.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2018 02:12 by Ultracon. Reason: typo

More
18 Jul 2018 05:51 #69897 by popad
Thank you very much for your step by step tutorial. I will try ASAP.

Best regards,

PopaD

More
24 Jul 2018 02:32 #69944 by Ultracon
You have any success?

More
24 Jul 2018 05:04 #69948 by popad
I have Ubuntu 16.04. No progress yet (:

More
27 Aug 2018 10:11 #70472 by Moong
Dear.

I got same problem as you. But i still not figure out after firmware updated.

I can see the USB driver but cannot read it.

Please help me~

More
27 Mar 2019 08:00 #73570 by Bluesue
how did you manage to fix it? I am in a similar situation with a T8SG Plus.....

More
12 May 2019 03:20 #74278 by wall124
Thank you for your step by step instructions to get the right driver set up to enable mycomputer to talk to the TX. I was able to finish the firmware update but I still am having a problem with power up of the transmitter. All that displays is a picture of a helicopter. I was hopefull that the firmware update would get this new Jumper T8SG V2 Plus to an initialized condition, but it did not. Thanks again for your help it got me further than I was.

More
28 Jul 2020 12:03 #76627 by alphasierra
Replied by alphasierra on topic T8SG Plus "Do not download STMicroelectronics"
You know when you search and search and search for some post that has the answer? You know its out there but ever so elusive, and you finally decide to give up completely? Well... almost completely and 0ne last search hits Paydirt! I know this is the solution, i have the exact same problem, and i jeed to get in the wind... thanks for your diligence and thorough walk through!

More
28 Jul 2020 18:01 #76631 by Ultracon
My pleasure. It shouldn't be that hard.....in addition, I don't use any of the nightly upgrades. Tx works perfectly without them and it bound two six planes with three brands of receivers.

More
29 Jul 2020 11:56 #76634 by propnut
You need the nightlies for certain protocol additions and if you wish to add voice. I can highly recommend the latter.

More
29 Jul 2020 13:43 #76635 by Ultracon
I have the speaker and the board. Just haven't gotten around to it. What protocol tweaks would affect the function of the Tx? I don't do drones. Everything I have is Spectrum, Frsky, or Lemon (DSM2/DSMX) for aircraft.

More
30 Jul 2020 22:44 #76638 by alphasierra
i spoke too soon, i got it to display the usb icon, it pops up as disc drive D, but i am unable to format it. it loads firmwares successfully(if i start it holding enter0) but it still has no display.

i can only start it by holding enter which gives me a black screen and it is recognizied as a stm device,(able to upgrade and listed as a devo 7e transmitter,

or holding esc(back button) and it is recognized by the computer(windows 10) as a disc drive that cannot be formatted and files cannot be copied to it

More
30 Jul 2020 22:46 #76639 by alphasierra
do you have a link to this file?

deviation-_t8sg_v2_okys-v5,00.0

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds