Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG

More
01 Sep 2018 17:50 #70609 by taylormadearmy
Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG was created by taylormadearmy
I'd like to control the same models from my Devo 10 and T8SG (which I leave at work) without needing to rebind.
I copied my configs from my Devo 10 across to the T8SG, left the same fixed IDs in, but my models are not binding on my T8SG - I've DSMX and Frsky protocols and none of them are working without rebinding. Is there a trick to make this work?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2018 21:50 - 01 Sep 2018 21:53 #70610 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG
I think you have to add following line, to the first area of your hardware.ini file in both transmitters.

;Unique TxId, With same TxId and model bind Id, the rx can be controlled by multiple Tx 00000000 - FFFFFFFF
;txid = 78968765

Remove the semi colom from txid and type in a random nrof your choice. By default this not included in hardware.ini and TxID is random, so there little chance on clashesby people using same guid
And you have to rebind all your models one time after entering the new id.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2018 21:53 by Fernandez.

More
30 Dec 2019 13:43 #75637 by Fernandez
Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue. I did not put any TxId inside hardware.ini at the time years ago.

But now I like to switch new transmitters, is there a way to Aquire this "random" code and enter it into hardware.ini from my new transmitter.
It save me rebinding for all my models.

More
12 Aug 2020 13:45 #76677 by atlaware
Replied by atlaware on topic Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG

Fernandez wrote: Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue. I did not put any TxId inside hardware.ini at the time years ago.

But now I like to switch new transmitters, is there a way to Aquire this "random" code and enter it into hardware.ini from my new transmitter.
It save me rebinding for all my models.

Hi, I'm in the same situation, have you found a solution for acquiring the "random" txid used when not set in hardware.ini?

Thank you!

More
13 Aug 2020 09:30 #76681 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG
You cannot bind the same receiver to two radios at the same time. Each TX has a special ID specifically designed to prevent this which is why you need to bind a receiver to a TX. That link then becomes unique otherwise we would have the same problem we had in the old days of FM.

More
13 Aug 2020 16:17 #76682 by Fernandez
Thats not true, by default indeed the Tx ID code is random generated.

However in case you define "txid" in to hardware .ini
It is used. So incase in all transmitter you use same Bind code and same TXID you can operate same Rx, from multiple Tx. Never switch on two Tx you will clash.

The question, is can you readoud the random, TxID used when it is not entered in hardware.ini, so you can use same Id in the new Tx.

More
13 Aug 2020 17:37 - 13 Aug 2020 17:37 #76683 by atlaware

Fernandez wrote: Thats not true, by default indeed the Tx ID code is random generated.

However in case you define "txid" in to hardware .ini
It is used. So incase in all transmitter you use same Bind code and same TXID you can operate same Rx, from multiple Tx. Never switch on two Tx you will clash.

The question, is can you readoud the random, TxID used when it is not entered in hardware.ini, so you can use same Id in the new Tx.

Exactly, this is the question: read the random txid for re-use it in a new tx. Will be very usefull! But I don't find how get the random txid... :(
Last edit: 13 Aug 2020 17:37 by atlaware.

More
13 Aug 2020 19:21 #76684 by propnut
I am pretty sure that If the TX ID embedded within the RF chips was random, everytime you switched on your TX you would need to rebind to RX's ?????

If you are saying that instead it is defined within the hardware.ini file then doing what you want should be easy to achieve. If so why is it not working ?

More
13 Aug 2020 19:32 #76685 by atlaware

propnut wrote: I am pretty sure that If the TX ID embedded within the RF chips was random, everytime you switched on your TX you would need to rebind to RX's ?????

If you are saying that instead it is defined within the hardware.ini file then doing what you want should be easy to achieve. If so why is it not working ?

I write random, but I would write 'generated', and yes, always the same, otherwise as you write you need to rebind every time you switch on. but I want to know how is generated or only what is my txid... :) After that I write it to hardware.ini of my new tx and I'm happy ;)

More
13 Aug 2020 22:12 #76686 by Fernandez
yes we mean "Unique" generated Transmitter ID, which is fixed, but different for any transmitter.

More
14 Aug 2020 08:43 #76687 by propnut
Yes so we all agree then that every TX has a fixed RF ID which is randomly generated at the factory but burned into the chip. Which means that no matter what you write into the hardware.ini file you aren't going to change that.

I would love this to work but I truly don't see how it can.

More
14 Aug 2020 09:07 #76688 by atlaware

propnut wrote: Yes so we all agree then that every TX has a fixed RF ID which is randomly generated at the factory but burned into the chip. Which means that no matter what you write into the hardware.ini file you aren't going to change that.

Wrong, sorry..., not a fixed RF ID, it can be override with txid in hardware.ini.
So,If I write in two differents radio in hardware.ini a txid=, rx binded with one radio work also with the other radio without rebind (only copy model ini file).

The problem is getting the original txid, generated from software in my first deviation radio, so I can copy it in my new radio and I don't need to rebind all models...

More
14 Aug 2020 09:22 - 14 Aug 2020 09:25 #76689 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG

propnut wrote: Yes so we all agree then that every TX has a fixed RF ID which is randomly generated at the factory but burned into the chip. Which means that no matter what you write into the hardware.ini file you aren't going to change that.

As I wrote in the other thread, this ID is obviously located in the RF-Module. I exchanged only the original RG-Modul with a 4in1-Modul on my Devo 12s (everything else was not changed) and I had to rebind all models.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2020 09:25 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-.

More
14 Aug 2020 10:43 - 14 Aug 2020 10:46 #76690 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG
void MCU_SerialNumber(u8 *var, int len) or for cyrf6936 based protocols - void CYRF_GetMfgData(u8 data[])
Last edit: 14 Aug 2020 10:46 by vlad_vy.

More
17 Aug 2020 11:02 #76693 by propnut
It would appear that the guys over in the OpenTX world with their continued development have made this much simpler.

RX Cloning

More
19 Aug 2020 17:41 #76708 by Fernandez
Hi Vlad, could you help us non experts, in a simple way to read the embedded TxID from the transmitter? Could it be displayed somewhere ?

More
16 Mar 2024 10:11 #78386 by stylecheng
Replied by stylecheng on topic Bind to same models with Devo 10 and T8SG

Fernandez wrote: Hi Vlad, could you help us non experts, in a simple way to read the embedded TxID from the transmitter? Could it be displayed somewhere ?

Many of my models were bound to my D10, and later I added a D7E. For ease of use, I directly read the MfgID of the CYRF6936 chip on D10 and then wrote this MfgID into the source code "src\protocol\spi\cyrf6936.c" file. If you understand programming, you can try reading and retrieving the MfgID of CYRF6936. But it seems that the length of MfgID is different from the TxID in the hardware.ini file, and the MfgID read out should not be directly written to the hardware.ini file.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds