T8SG USB Logo issue SOLVED ( at least for me)

More
18 Sep 2018 20:59 - 18 Sep 2018 21:07 #70975 by taO
Hi,

First, I apologize for my bad English. I just hope that it can help some people.

I just wanted to share my experience about this crazy and stupid bug from T8SG v2 plus when you turn on your transmitter.

Note that this bug already happened twice to me. First strange characters appear on the screen when I navigate through the different menus. When I turn off the transmitter, then when I try to turn it back on, this famous USB logo comes.

The USB logo just comes and you can't do anything. Of course, you can try to format your drive on your computer but it simply doesn't work.

I almost tried everything, Flash several DFUs but yeah... still this USB logo on screen!

And I realized that this issue is not actually coming randomly. Only after plugin the battery. ( in my case 2S LI-Po)

So after hours of tests, completely desperate and ready to throw the transmitter in the bin, I've decided to do a last try. I opened my transmitter, I just touched the ground pin of an electrical outlet with one hand and touched the PCB in different places with the other hand at the same time to discharge the static electricity.

And guess what, by reconnecting the transmitter to the computer I was finally able to format the drive and copy all the folders into the memory!

I am now looking for a good way to isolate the PCB from static electricity knowing that I have now also installed the DFPlayer to get the voice support and that its pins are visible in the battery compartment
Last edit: 18 Sep 2018 21:07 by taO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2019 17:32 #74428 by chasingthewind
Replied by chasingthewind on topic T8SG USB Logo issue SOLVED ( at least for me)
I'm having the same issue with the USB logo and windows says it can't format the drive. I'm trying to understand your method of discharging static electricity. You just took a wire attached to the ground (black) terminal where the battery connects to the transmitter and then touch the other end to ?

More
25 Jan 2020 19:53 #75811 by mbauwens
Replied by mbauwens on topic T8SG USB Logo issue SOLVED ( at least for me)
For myself, I could format it with disk utility app of my Mac, using FAT16, UNAMED and MBR option.
After this, I just had to copy the files of the last nightly build (without debug-xxx.zip and deviation-xxx.dfu).
shut down the transmitter and get it back on, it should work.
After this, you'll have to re-encode your models if you did not backup your files :)

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds