Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2

More
19 Jan 2019 20:22 #72422 by ArmorBearer
Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2 was created by ArmorBearer
Hello everyone!

After a long hiatus, I've decided to get back into flying. Over Christmas, I ordered an Eachine QX65 whoop-style drone assuming that I would be able to bind it to either my Devo 7E or my Devo 10 utilizing Deviation. To be completely honest, I'm in over my head. I've spent the last week searching for an article or a video online that I could use to guide me through the process to no avail. I'm assuming that I don't know enough about the process in order to word my search in such a way that would yield a positive result. Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2019 05:07 #72464 by rklunder
Replied by rklunder on topic Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2
I am doing the same thing. I have both a Devo 10 and a F12E transmitter and would like to use this firmware update to control my Eachine QX65. I assume you purchased one that had the DSM2/DSMx receiver?

www.banggood.com/Eachine-QX65-with-5_8G-...338&cur_warehouse=CN

More
22 Jan 2019 16:17 #72473 by ArmorBearer
Replied by ArmorBearer on topic Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2
From what I've been able to gather on my own, it appears that any Walkera TX will need an add-on device in order to bind with a DSM2 / DSMX reciever. So much for saving money....

Anyway, the best deal that I could find online was on HobbyKing for $35.00 USD. Everywhere else that checked with that carried them wanted $50.00 or more. Here's the name of the add-on in case you want to have a look yourself:

OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2/Devo Compatible 2.4GHz Selectable Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy Compatible)

More
22 Jan 2019 16:25 - 22 Jan 2019 16:28 #72474 by aMax

ArmorBearer wrote: From what I've been able to gather on my own, it appears that any Walkera TX will need an add-on device in order to bind with a DSM2 / DSMX reciever. So much for saving money....

All, except the Devo7, only need the Deviation firmware.... ;-)
....saving even more money.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 16:28 by aMax.

More
22 Jan 2019 20:56 - 22 Jan 2019 20:57 #72477 by ArmorBearer
Replied by ArmorBearer on topic Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2
That's great!

#1. Does your list of transmitters that only need the firmware include the 7E?

#2. Any pointers on how to bind to a DSM2 / DSMX?z

Thanks for your input!
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 20:57 by ArmorBearer.

More
22 Jan 2019 21:46 - 22 Jan 2019 21:46 #72478 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2
Select the protocol on the tx. Put the receiver in bind mode. Press bind on the tx. Usually the receiver will indicate somehow it is bound, like an LED change. With DSM then move the sticks on the tx to exit bind mode. This is done because some DSM receivers set the failsafe at this point.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 21:46 by hexfet.

More
22 Jan 2019 22:28 - 22 Jan 2019 22:56 #72480 by rklunder
Replied by rklunder on topic Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2

aMax wrote:

ArmorBearer wrote: From what I've been able to gather on my own, it appears that any Walkera TX will need an add-on device in order to bind with a DSM2 / DSMX reciever. So much for saving money....

All, except the Devo7, only need the Deviation firmware.... ;-)
....saving even more money.

Based off the statement made on the getting started page, www.deviationtx.com/wiki/get_started_with_deviationtx , the DSM2/DSMx is supported by all devo Transmitters with the deviation firmware installed. The standard in-built RF module i would believe to be what was provided when purchased, not something new.. Yes?

Ready to fly (or drive, or sail, or whatever)
If you have successfully installed deviation, you can start using these protocols, supported by the standard in-built RF module:

Walkera DEVO
Wakera WK2401
Wakera WK2601
Wakera WK2801
DSM2
DSMX
Nine Eagles J6Pro

Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 22:56 by rklunder.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds