Trouble binding XM+ to Jumper T8SG V2

More
04 Apr 2019 19:27 #73690 by PetrOs
Hello,

I am having issues to bind the XM+ to Jumper T8SG V2. Its first time I am going for an FRSky receiver, I only had Joysway, AFHDS 2, SLT and Spectrum ones with my jumper.... I just cant get them bind.

What I tried: Common for all: Select Protocol in Model config to Frsky.
Variant 1: Take the receiver, keep the only button pressed, plug it into power. Red LED starts to blink. Press Bind on transmitter. Runs into timeout, no blink change on receiver.
Variant 2: Plug in the receiver, press the button shortly afterwards. Green led blinks 1-2 times, then out, red led is blinking. Try bind on transmitter. Timeout, receiver keeps blinking.

What do I do wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2019 07:41 #73701 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Trouble binding XM+ to Jumper T8SG V2
PetrOs,

Protocol is FrskyX!

Power the receiver button pressed, then select bind in the transmitter.

More
05 Apr 2019 08:00 #73702 by PetrOs
Replied by PetrOs on topic Trouble binding XM+ to Jumper T8SG V2
Thanks, quite sure I tried this variant already but will do once more in the evening. Could it be that as I give the power directly over the flight controller port, and that disturbs?

More
05 Apr 2019 13:02 #73704 by KampfGurke
Replied by KampfGurke on topic Trouble binding XM+ to Jumper T8SG V2
Look what firmware is on the XM+ and select that (EU/FCC) under FrskyX Protocol Options!
If RX and TX are too close to each other, the binding does not work either! So walk away sone Meters!
At last you can try to change Freqfine Setting in Procol Options (I have -40 there)!

More
05 Apr 2019 21:23 #73707 by PetrOs
Replied by PetrOs on topic Trouble binding XM+ to Jumper T8SG V2
After about 20 tries and moving the receiver from my FC UART directly to PDB, I managed to bind. Thanks!

More
05 May 2020 17:20 #76230 by Corrado-c
Replied by Corrado-c on topic Trouble binding XM+ to Jumper T8SG V2
hi, I connect to this 3d because I have a perhaps similar problem, same radio and same receiver.
I have EU FW and I have quality link problems nearby,
it falls below 5 in very unstable ways, moving away, the link alarm is there but much more rarely.
I also tried to change rx antennas, but nothing changes, better freqfine is -35.

Do you know if among the various firmware available for xm+ someone is not recommended with this radio? 2.1 or older?
or is the problem with fw EU?
the radio with other receivers works well (non XM+)

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds