Another T8SGV2 plus balck screen

More
26 Dec 2019 01:25 #75629 by blvdbuzzard
Another T8SGV2 plus balck screen was created by blvdbuzzard
I have read a lot of posts about the black screen issues. I have flashed with several different0 "V2 plus" files and not the V2 files, so far nothing. I had been using this radio and really like it. I put it away, health reasons I have not picked it up for 6 months or so. I turned it on, had a normal screen. Was actually surprised the battery was still charged as it is a tiny 2s 450 lipo. so I charged the battery, now blank, black screen. No flicker, no flash, nothing. Right now I just flashed it with my back up from 5/19/2019. I get the red led, then 10 seconds or so later the green led. All it does now is beep every 10 seconds. I have tried my other 2s 450, a 2s 4600 100c battery and no change. I hit the power button I get the red led, chirp, vibrate, greed led, no screen.

I searched ali and found a 2.42 oled screen for $24.00. Hate to waste the money if it was something else? Hope it is something the human interface did.

Thanks for any help.

Buzz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2019 03:44 #75630 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Another T8SGV2 plus balck screen
Do you try reseat LCD connector on mainboard? Lift small latch and reseat LCD cable.

More
26 Dec 2019 04:24 #75631 by blvdbuzzard
Replied by blvdbuzzard on topic Another T8SGV2 plus balck screen
After reading this. I took the radio apart. Well you have to remove the gimbals to remove the main board and you have to remove the Tx module, mini jack and USB plug too. I unplugged and re plugged every plug I could. DAMN!!!! I should have had my MP3 player module and speaker to install for the voice mod at this time. I had it apart and ready.

I now have a screen again. Did not really want to take it apart. I know, go with your "first" gut feeling. Well you were right.

I have to add my Xk 110 back and delete the flying wings I have. Forgot about those, they were copies of the wing I am flying with my i10.

Hope it is a permanent fix. I do like this little radio. I want it to last a while so I can get some good out of it.

Thanks.

Buzz.

More
03 Jan 2020 07:54 #75655 by eried
Replied by eried on topic Another T8SGV2 plus balck screen
What happens if you boot in usb mode and copy again the files from the firmware zip?

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds