Blank screen and usb disk on pc wont open in usb

More
09 Mar 2020 08:45 #76050 by tryhaarde
So i got the jumper t8sg 2 days ago and i was plugging it into pc to upload some icons.But then it just died, the screen whent blank. The radio still turns on but it doesnt show the startup or anything else. I have watched 100 videos on how to fix this but i have this problem where i cant even open the usb disk that shows up when i plug in the radio. Please help me. I have waited 2 months for this radio and now i might risking waiting even more :( very sad over here because ites my first ever quad build and i dont have any other radio sadly. I will attach a video when i get home from work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2020 09:04 #76051 by vlad_vy
If you can't flash firmware with firmware update mode (press EXT button + short press Power On), your transmitter died. It's very unusual case.

More
09 Mar 2020 09:11 #76052 by tryhaarde
Replied by tryhaarde on topic Blank screen and usb disk on pc wont open in usb
I can flash firmware but i cant copy files into the usb disk that shows up when i plug in the transmitter

More
09 Mar 2020 09:15 #76053 by tryhaarde

vlad_vy wrote: If you can't flash firmware with firmware update mode (press EXT button + short press Power On), your transmitter died. It's very unusual case.

I can flash firmware with usb upgrade tool but i cant enter the disk, i cant go into "my pc" and the open the "(D:)" The "(D:)" disk cant be open and i dont know why. So i cant copy the files into it

More
09 Mar 2020 09:22 - 09 Mar 2020 10:56 #76054 by vlad_vy
Try T8SG custom build with "USB drive erase" procedure:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/8656-t8...rmat-usb-drive#75915

Always use "Safely Remove Hardware" after any write to transmitter USB drive.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2020 10:56 by vlad_vy.

More
09 Mar 2020 09:34 #76055 by tryhaarde

vlad_vy wrote: Try T8SG custom build with "USB drive erase" procedure:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...rmat-usb-drive#75915

Always use "Safely Remove Hardware" after any write to transmitter USB drive.

Imma try it when i get home ok? Ill attach a video of the problem right here: www.reddit.com/r/fpv/comments/ffg5oz/can...he_problem_i_havent/

More
23 Mar 2020 00:06 #76089 by graearea
I have the exact same problem. sothere's a couple of extra bits.
it's this model www.banggood.com/JumperTX-T8SG-2_4G-12CH...482&cur_warehouse=CN
which I suspect is a copy?
it wouldn't save any changes after the 6th mixer and seemed to be cutting it as the last line simply said "po" not "points x,y"
I edited a model config because it seemed to be truncating the files on save.
unfortunately, I didn't unmount the USB before closing it but it had seconds to finish the save so...
then on startup I get the screen as shown in the reddit thread above. also, the USB won't mount. it says insert a disk into USB drive when I start the transmitter with ENT+POWER
any ideas?

More
23 Mar 2020 04:14 #76090 by vlad_vy
Most likely transmitter filesystem damaged. Try format transmitter USB drive with "Quick Format" option enabled. If it unsuccessfully, try T8SG custom build with "USB drive erase" procedure. Then copy to transmitter USB drive the filesystem from any t8sg_v2 firmware archive.

More
23 Mar 2020 11:39 #76092 by graearea
wow. thanks for the quick reply. really generous of you.
I don't get any beeping happening when I try your reformat. in fact I wonder if I need some drivers for the USB?
I hold enter, up pops the USB image in the screen. I then hold up, no beeps, down no beeps. then try to shut it down and it all bounces
here's a 20sec vid

More
23 Mar 2020 12:41 - 23 Mar 2020 12:46 #76093 by vlad_vy
Do you flash custom firmware from the link? I tested it many times with different transmitters, all work fine, with beeps.

Can you format from computer transmitter USB drive with original firmware? You will need custom firmware with "USB drive erase" procedure only if you can't format USB drive. Anyway, after erase you need format transmitter USB drive and copy filesystem from firmware archive.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2020 12:46 by vlad_vy.

More
24 Mar 2020 16:19 - 24 Mar 2020 16:20 #76100 by graearea
Hi, without the radio beeping at me I think I'm stuck. I can see it in DFU mode in Device manager if I start it with the back button held. but it doesn't show in available DFU devices in defuse
so if I start the radio in usb, press up, no beeps. if I start with up+ent held, it does the same. usb mode, no beeps.
I spoke to tryhaarde and he managed to reformat as his radio beeps and he can clear the usb.

I'm totally stuck. I guess I'll have to send it back.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2020 16:20 by graearea.

More
24 Mar 2020 16:41 #76101 by vlad_vy
If you don't see it in Dfuse you have wrong driver. Try reinstall driver from Dfuse program folder: \devention Upgrade Tools\Driver\

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds