T8SG voice volume problem

More
05 Apr 2020 20:07 #76138 by JaninDar
T8SG voice volume problem was created by JaninDar
Having bought a second hand T8SG V2 I start learning my way around Deviation and really like it.

Last weekend I added the voice module (dfplayer and 8W 0.5Ohm speaker) to my transmitter, made the changes to the software and everything works. The welcome as well as when adding voice to switch settings.

However, the sound (set at 10) is extremely low and can hardly be heard. I use a 2s Lipo.

Can't find any reference to this problem at the forum. Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 03:01 #76141 by eried
Replied by eried on topic T8SG voice volume problem
The speaker is 8 or 0.5W? The dfplayer supports up to 2W. How did you wire the speaker? Also you can add a 1K resistor to TX for increasing the volume wiki.dfrobot.com/DFPlayer_Mini_SKU_DFR0299

More
06 Apr 2020 14:09 - 06 Apr 2020 14:13 #76153 by JaninDar
Replied by JaninDar on topic T8SG voice volume problem
Speaker is 8 Ohm, 0,5 Watt. It is connected to the speaker plug on the board.

The 1K resistor that could be connected to the TX pin should that replace the direct (pin) connection to the board?
Last edit: 06 Apr 2020 14:13 by JaninDar. Reason: Additional question

More
06 Apr 2020 16:46 #76154 by JaninDar
Replied by JaninDar on topic T8SG voice volume problem
Thanks for the info eried.

I have studied the wiki page. However, there they write (below the connection diagram): "But if you find the noise is quite loud, then you could attach an 1K resistor to the TX pin."

Could you explain why the opposite effect?

Thanks

More
06 Apr 2020 18:40 #76160 by eried
Replied by eried on topic T8SG voice volume problem

JaninDar wrote: Thanks for the info eried.

I have studied the wiki page. However, there they write (below the connection diagram): "But if you find the noise is quite loud, then you could attach an 1K resistor to the TX pin."

Could you explain why the opposite effect?

Thanks

Oh ignore that I was being stupid. I though it was a special mode (without actually reading the wiki) but it must be some bad translation in case the communication is too "noisy" (i.e. from 5V). I researched a lot about the dfplayer trying to fix my t8sgv2 plus ( www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...ice-some-other-fixes ) but I am not sure how to raise the volume to fix your issue.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds