Jumper T8SG v3 plus - killed display

More
22 Jul 2020 19:44 - 22 Jul 2020 19:45 #76600 by fmurray
Jumper T8SG v3 plus - killed display was created by fmurray
I've had 2 Jumper T8SG plus v2 for about a year. (My grandson and I fly together). One had a problem with frequency drift that Vlad sent me a release to fix. I put that release on both transmitters and everything was working great since.

One of my transmitters developed problems , so I ordered another. This one is marked v3 rather than v2 and the packaging is different. The other thing I noticed when I turned it on was that the display was reversed -- black text on white background. I checked under the DSMX protocol for the "freq-fine" adjustment that had solved my problem on the other transmitter. It was not there so I decided to load the release that's in my other two transmitters. t8sg_v2_plus-v5.x.x-2020-02-05.

After loading that release the screen does not work. There are vertical stripes which move around as I press buttons as if to move through the menus. I tried loading the release that the v3 shipped with in the USB directory, and some others including the latest release, and have the same result. Display is not displaying text or graphics.

Are there t8sg_v3_plus releases somewhere that I can try? I looked at the download section and didn't see any. The v3 screen might work differently than the v2.

Releases I've tried:
t8sg_v2_plus-v5.x.x-2020-02-05
t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-48d7be1
t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-e801244
t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-28ce50f

Thanks for your help,
Last edit: 22 Jul 2020 19:45 by fmurray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2020 00:37 #76603 by fmurray
Replied by fmurray on topic Jumper T8SG v3 plus - killed display

sansjunk wrote: Flash t8sg_v2_plus if you have an OLED screen (white pixels on dark background) and t8sg_v2 if you have a regular LCD display (black pixel on light background).

I found the answer above. IOW, don't use the "_plus" builds if you have a display with black text on white background, even though your controller says plus on it.

I'm not sure just what my latest Jumper T8SG v3 Plus really is.
It looks just like my v2's except:

It came in cheaper, plain white packaging, no stick protectors and no case.

The screen and power screen did not have the thin plastic peel-offs and the screen is scratched.

The display is white background with black text and graphics.

Even though it was shrink-sealed and the sticker says "New", It actually looks like a refurbished unit.

More
23 Jul 2020 10:49 #76604 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic Jumper T8SG v3 plus - killed display
I have had a few Jumpers that have come with a slight scratch on the screen in the EXACT same place so I assume it is some machine at the factory doing this rather that them being refurbished.

You should consider the RadioMaster TX8. It is identical but nicer if that makes sense. It is essentially the the old T8SGv2 Plus but with a larger LCD screen. Supporting voice is a simple affair of buying an 8ohm speaker and the mp module as outlined in the adding voice guide on this forum.

More
23 Jul 2020 19:03 #76606 by fmurray
Replied by fmurray on topic Jumper T8SG v3 plus - killed display
Thank you propnut. I wish I had known about the RadioMaster. It's also on Amazon for $30.00 less than the Jumper I just got. Oh well. Now I know.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds