Jumper T8SG V2 plus how update R9M module

More
04 Sep 2020 20:48 #76752 by PRESIX
I have Jumper T8SG V2 plus radio and I brought R9M 2019 module with ACCST and a R9mm with ACCESS protocoll.
I install latest firmware on Jumper and selecting PXX protocoll I'm not able to bind.
I suppose the module and receiver has different version ACCST/ACCESS.
Do you think so?
How can I upgrade R9M module to ACCESS with Jumper or with PC (I find only tutorial via Taranis update).
Can I downgrade R9mm from ACCESS to ACCST?

Thanks for your support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2020 07:34 #76753 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus how update R9M module
You can just take out the module from Tx and connect Smartport at the back of module to the "FUC" update tool, you can alos make one yourself with an USB FTDI serial adaptor and diode.
The Tx module flashes identically to an receiver, use windows and the Frsky updater tool. Connect wih the tool and then power the R9M or receiver. Did many times works well. So no need for an Frsky Tx for flashing.

More
06 Sep 2020 07:45 #76754 by PRESIX
Replied by PRESIX on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus how update R9M module
Thanks for your help.
So I need an adapter to PC USB? A FUC or a home made with a diode?
Do you think I can connect the module to the Flight Controller as it would be a receiver?
Should it work?

More
06 Sep 2020 18:12 - 06 Sep 2020 18:14 #76755 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus how update R9M module
yes that would work indeed also. But first get it to work with your Frsky Receiver via Smartport at the Flight controller. If all good, you can connect the Tx module smartport to flight controller and flash.

(FYI never happened to me, but with Frsky, always take care when flashing, not disconnect etc etc, Frsky use there own bootloader, if you manage to brick it, damage the bootloader you can throw in the bin..)
Last edit: 06 Sep 2020 18:14 by Fernandez.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds