insert disc into drive e, help reqd

More
07 Sep 2020 13:27 #76757 by asc24hoth
insert disc into drive e, help reqd was created by asc24hoth
hi, new steep learning curve for me, not having much luck,
i made a half arsed attempt at glossing through a firmware update video on youtube for the radiomaster tx8

and manage to end up with a blank screen on my tx ( i had cut and pasted files out of the original drive on the tx via usb and tried to paste them back in. however when i followed it more closely by downloading the walkera dfu bits and unzipping the file properly it all looked to be going well up to just after getting the files to upgrade. Then when i switch the tx8 on in usb mode it just says 'insert disc into drive e' and i cant rectify this by the windows fix of getting a simple volume as its greyed out and i cant format it either or copy anything over, can anyone help?
i was updating it as i have had issues with binding stuff to it and thought this might fix it, in doing so i may have made it worse.
many thanks in advance from an fpv noob that was so not ready for all the tekkie stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2020 06:34 #76760 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic insert disc into drive e, help reqd
If you use nightly build, on USB screen press UP button (beep), then press DN button (beep), power off and power on transmitter, format USB drive with Quick Format option enabled.

More
08 Sep 2020 20:20 #76766 by asc24hoth
Replied by asc24hoth on topic insert disc into drive e, help reqd
that was amazing! thank u, it recognised the drive and that enabled me to copy and paste the udpates straight after, thank you so much!

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds