help !

More
07 Sep 2020 23:15 #76759 by aben
help ! was created by aben
I have a Jumper T8SG plus that has been working fine with several micro airplanes with different protocols. I was setting up dual rates and I must have done something wrong because my plane's servos started chattering back and forth and the motor clicked on and off. I tried other model numbers (different planes) and they all do the same thing. Can someone please tell me what I can do to fix this ?
Thanks,
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2020 06:37 #76761 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic help !
Are you sure that transmitter battery is charged?

More
08 Sep 2020 14:32 #76764 by aben
Replied by aben on topic help !
Thanks vlad, yes I charged the battery and checked the voltage under load.
Ben

More
08 Sep 2020 19:54 #76765 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic help !
Open your radio and check that the 90 degree sma aerial connector hasn't broken off the PCB at the top. When you open the radio you will see a small PCM right at the top where the aerial screws in. Take this out and check the the gold SMA is not wobbling on the board. It is a common failure but easy to repair.

More
08 Sep 2020 22:47 #76767 by aben
Thanks propnut. After reading your reply I opened the Tx. The connector was tight but I did find some flux corrosion on that board that I cleaned off. I am still open to suggestions on how to get it working.
Ben

More
09 Sep 2020 07:48 #76769 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic help !
If there was flux it suggests that it may have been soldered previously. They don't leave the factory with flux as they are flow soldered. Check again with a magnifying glass for signs of dry joints i.e. hairline cracks around the solder joints. The holes are through plated. The outer ones are earth the inner goes up and connects to the RF output pin of the module.

There is no setting on one model that could possible affect all models. If you say that creating a whole new model sees the problem reoccur then it is something with the radio. Chattering is generally an RF / signal quality issue.

Does it get worse when you move away and better as you get closer ?
Have you tried a different protocol e.g. DSMX, FrSky, FlySky ?? You don't say which one you are using at present
Have you tried your current models with a different transmitter ?

The only other thing I can think of is your Hall sensors but ultimately you are going to have to go through a process of elimination. Otherwise go get a new TX8, they are currently under £60 (or the equivalent in your currency) on Banggood

More
09 Sep 2020 19:23 #76773 by aben
propnut,
Thanks for your reply. I set up a new model and now everything works OK so I must have made a mistake in programing my other model that caused it to malfunction, I was adding dual rates and must have done something wrong. Your information is appreciated and I may be able to use it later.
Ben

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds