Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

More
24 Feb 2022 18:07 #77853 by koehlerr11
I've seen some posts talking about difficulty in getting the TH2 Freestyle to bind with the Jumpers. I have the T8SG V3 Carbon. It was easy to bind a BUGS3, but I can't get the TH2 Freestyle to bind. I've tried the three different FRSKY protocols in the T8SG. It seems to bind on the FRSKY X protocol but won't fire. I have programmed and reprogramed the switches and can't get it to arm.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2022 02:03 #77854 by hexfet
If this is the quad you're talking about the site says it is Frsky D8, which in Deviation is just plain "Frsky".

Have you tried the frequency tuning? Click on the protocol name and adjust the Freq-Fine up and down in steps of 20 and try binding each time. Freq-Coarse doesn't do anything helpful and should be 0.

More
25 Feb 2022 18:32 #77857 by koehlerr11
Replied by koehlerr11 on topic Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3
Yes, that is the quad and I had read the same thing - use just plain Frsky. I tried that many times and no luck. I also read about Freq-Fine adjusting and had not tried that. I'll give it a shot and let you know if I get anywhere. I'm a total novice at this so hopefully I do it in the correct order or sequence. Thanks.

More
26 Feb 2022 19:22 #77861 by hexfet
Order doesn't matter. All the working values will be in one contiguous range. Find the two ends of that range, then set the value in the middle.

More
26 Feb 2022 21:53 #77864 by koehlerr11
So I tried the Freq - Fine in steps of 20 to the end of both ranges and nothing. I tried using the bind button on the quad and also using the bind_rx command in beta flight. It went into bind mode but didn’t bind. Then I bound it in Frsky X protocol and it went through the binding sequence of flashing lights and seemed to bind. When it is connected in beta flight it reacts to stick movements and seems to be bound. But I can’t get it to arm. If it is reacting to stick movements in bf is it bound?

More
27 Feb 2022 20:20 #77869 by hexfet
When you say it responds to stick movements do you mean you see channels changing on the receiver page in Betaflight? If so then that probably means it's bound.

What's required for arming in your Betaflight configuration? If it's a particular channel and you can get that channel to the right value on the receiver page then it should arm.

More
01 Mar 2022 00:33 #77875 by koehlerr11
When connected to bf all switches (and sticks) respond to input from tx EXCEPT the arm switch that I set up as a simple switch. Thoughts?

More
01 Mar 2022 01:02 #77876 by hexfet
Check the mixer page for the arm switch and verify the display makes the expected change when toggling the switch. Maybe it's a bad switch.
Check the channel monitor to make sure the expected channel change happens when toggling the switch.
If that works then don't know why it wouldn't show up in bf. Try using a different channel for arming.

More
01 Mar 2022 21:20 #77877 by koehlerr11
I really appreciate the input -

Checked the mixer page for arm switch and it makes the expected change when toggled. Checked the channel monitor and it also makes the expected change when toggled.

And confirmed switch still works with another quad that is bound to the tx.

Going to look further in bf settings but not sure what to look for. I read something about having the modes set up correctly or it won't arm too. But I think the mode channel was properly set up - but again I am new to this.

More
02 Mar 2022 02:22 #77879 by hexfet
You're welcome.

On the BF setup page there's an Info box on the right. The first line lists the things that are currently keeping the quad from arming. Everything in the box has hover help.

More
02 Mar 2022 03:20 #77881 by koehlerr11
It says throttle channel is too high.

More
02 Mar 2022 03:59 - 02 Mar 2022 03:59 #77882 by hexfet
I think it needs to be below the stick low threshold on the receiver page. Haven't messed with my bf settings recently. Should be info online.
Be sure you've calibrated your transmitter.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2022 03:59 by hexfet.

More
03 Mar 2022 17:13 #77883 by koehlerr11
So I connected with someone on the Betaflight discord and he got me through the throttle channel issue. Now on BF all looks good, but it still won't arm. Then I noticed that the throttle channel seems to be pulsing and going over the threshold so I don't know what is going on. Going to try a different battery in my tx and see if it still acts that way. He had me calibrate and that is when the throttle channel started pulsing.

More
04 Mar 2022 00:56 #77884 by hexfet
Sounds like progress. One thing I've had trouble with calibrating my t8sg is that the left stick down position is a little uncertain. If I pull down too hard during calibration, I never get the stick down that far in normal operation. Not sure if that might relate to the pulsing. I re-routed the cables behind the gimbal which did help.

More
08 Mar 2022 18:55 #77892 by koehlerr11
I got it to arm! Finally. After getting everything set up in betaflight it still wouldn't arm. But then I set up the switches on the modes tab and BAM! Thx for the back and forth. I was ready to throw the thing in the river. But now I'm going flying.

More
08 Mar 2022 20:24 #77893 by hexfet
Good to hear you got it going. Have fun flying!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds