DEVO12: proposal for fundrising

More
13 Oct 2012 15:27 #2196 by Eriskio
DEVO12: proposal for fundrising was created by Eriskio
I have a DEVO12 and now I'm testing deviation Fw on a DEVO8.
I would have the FW ported to DEVO12 also, and one problem is that PhracturedBlue has no DEVO12 in his hands.
As consequence I propose to start a fundrising so PB (and main devel teams members) can buy a DEVO12 to use for development.
Having a Deviation Fw on a fullfeatured radio like DEVO12, will be a big success in the worldwide RC community :-D.
Maybe (as form of public thanks) names of donors can be showed in an "about page" in the radio itself! :-))
Collecting money can be done through PayPal, I think.
Not problem on amount, I think few dollars would be enough.
If the proposal will be accepted, then I would start with my US$ 50.

Bye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2012 16:47 #2197 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DEVO12: proposal for fundrising
I appreciate the support, but I'll refer you to the FAQ.
Should I decide to work on the Devo12, I'll buy one.
I already have a Devo10, Devo7, and Devo7e, and have not made serious progress on any of those, so just having it won't help get it done much faster.
There is already a little work being done on the Devo12:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/893-devo-12
Though very little progress has been made so far.

More
13 Oct 2012 16:47 #2198 by DemonOfPyro
Replied by DemonOfPyro on topic DEVO12: proposal for fundrising
Awww I have money ready to donate too =[
Though I agree, geting the deviation for Devo 12/s would be amazing. Make up for the few little missing things in software and then it's one hell of a competitor to the retardedly expensive big name brands, if not better with cross platform support. The only thing dragging me down with this Tx is no PPM Receiver for cleaning up my heli's that dont use Walkera brand FBL systems. CABLE HELL!

More
15 Oct 2012 07:20 #2243 by Eriskio
Replied by Eriskio on topic DEVO12: proposal for fundrising
FB, sorry.
It was not intended to force you to do anything, anyway.
I think deviation fw is a great product that can be interesting for vast majority of modellers (especially serious ones which move 6 or more meters wingspan sailplane, 20 kg turbine models or big heli reproductions).
I would contribute in development as possible, and even if I'm not rich (I'm a simple employee at the end) in my daily RC practice I've lost quite more much money than 50 dollars!
This is obvious, I think, and my ideas was simply to make possible to reach a target (in effect my proposal was partially "cloned" by FreeBSD project, I should admit) :)

Yestereday I tested succesfully Deviation on my Trex 450s, and then I would test it with my 700 class helis as well as on my glow trainer planes.
But to use deviation on reproductions (where a flexible software like deviation is a key to success! Undoubtedly!) I need a more complete hardware interface (with more sliders/pots to controls auxiliary operations) like the Devo12.
So, this is the reason I would work to port this project on DEVO12.
:)
Bye.

More
31 Oct 2012 01:17 #2515 by Sudoku
Replied by Sudoku on topic DEVO12: proposal for fundrising
I think the best person to have a devo12 is PB and walkera should send him one FOC due to his contribution on the fw that make walkera sell more tx...

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds