yet another GUI for devo10

More
06 May 2013 06:28 - 06 May 2013 06:45 #9613 by ColdFire
yet another GUI for devo10 was created by ColdFire
I have been designing a GUI for devo10 and by far close to finish (of my set goal). The GUI resource is largely stored in ROM and customization is achieved with callback functions. the code is based on v3.0 and I only implemented Advanced2 interface, with memory usage of 125.41KB (ROM) and 18.46KB (RAM).
The look and feel of the interface is relatively close to original one, with subtle changes to accommodate the new GUI model.
here is a few screen capture from EMU:

I also coded an UI designer to design and auto-generate code for the UI. the UI designer load/save UI resource in xml file and can generate the whole page structure and empty function body for callback handlers.

I will put everything on bitbucket when finished all the features. hopefully soon.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 May 2013 06:45 by ColdFire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2013 06:37 - 06 May 2013 06:41 #9614 by ColdFire
Replied by ColdFire on topic yet another GUI for devo10
Another project I just started is a standalone model builder program. it is suppose to make model editing much easier. my plan is:
1. allow editing of most features using native UI controls.
2. file manipulation (switch model file order, backup ...)
3. fully scriptable. allow accessing all model information from a script environment (QtScript). would be very handy for advanced user to batch-processing the model.
here is what I've already done:

will be opensource too (when done) and initial support will be on windows platform only. it's QT so may not be too hard to port to other platform.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 May 2013 06:41 by ColdFire.

More
06 May 2013 14:27 #9615 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic yet another GUI for devo10
It is very hard to evaluate the interface from chinese images, as I don't speak it :)
I'll certainly be interested in looking at the code when you release it though I currently have no plans to support the Advanced2 GUI, but without seeing the code I have no idea how useful this will be for Deviation.

More
06 May 2013 15:43 #9616 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic yet another GUI for devo10
The model builder looks good! I'll take a copy of that... ;)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
06 May 2013 15:51 #9618 by ColdFire
attached is the main code for gui and page structure. I have to slightly modify other files (not attached) as well to replace the existing gui.
1. romgui\TGuiUic.xml is the gui resource file, romgui\TGuiUic.c is the source code generated from the resource file.
2. romgui\cbImp contains callback handler implementation.
3. some c++ features (like inheritance and dynamic binding) are emulated.
4. romgui\TGuiPageStack.c maintains a page stack to store the state information for page history.

A few more screen captures:

PhracturedBlue wrote: It is very hard to evaluate the interface from chinese images, as I don't speak it :)
I'll certainly be interested in looking at the code when you release it though I currently have no plans to support the Advanced2 GUI, but without seeing the code I have no idea how useful this will be for Deviation.

More
06 May 2013 15:54 #9619 by ColdFire
should be available within 2 weeks ....

Hexperience wrote: The model builder looks good! I'll take a copy of that... ;)

More
06 May 2013 17:07 #9623 by ColdFire
Somehow the code is not attached. I'll attach the code later.

ColdFire wrote: attached is the main code for gui and page structure. I have to slightly modify other files (not attached) as well to replace the existing gui.
1. romgui\TGuiUic.xml is the gui resource file, romgui\TGuiUic.c is the source code generated from the resource file.
2. romgui\cbImp contains callback handler implementation.
3. some c++ features (like inheritance and dynamic binding) are emulated.
4. romgui\TGuiPageStack.c maintains a page stack to store the state information for page history.

A few more screen captures:

PhracturedBlue wrote: It is very hard to evaluate the interface from chinese images, as I don't speak it :)

More
07 May 2013 04:10 #9641 by ColdFire
Can not attach zip file, so I'll post the dropbox link:

gui code:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1838784/deviation/romgui.7z

emu executable:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1838784/deviation/emu_devo10R.7z

I claim that I own the right of above files, and to my best knowledge there are no viruses in the file.

More
07 May 2013 04:33 - 07 May 2013 04:35 #9644 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic yet another GUI for devo10
FYI: you can upload .zip but not .7z. Also there are some file-size limits that may cause issues.

Let me know when you have the source in sufficiently good shape that i can look at it.

The pages you show look very nice by the way.
Last edit: 07 May 2013 04:35 by PhracturedBlue.

More
07 May 2013 05:09 #9646 by ColdFire
thanks PB. I hope to be able to finish it soon, have been working on that for a while.
credits go to suvsuv for the page design. I just re-implemented it (and intentionally mimic the look and feel) with my own UI component (with minor tweaks), also borrowed a lot of code from original deviation for rendering/event handling.
I was hesitating to touch the code when first knew the existence of deviation (I've never worked with any kind of RF modules). But as an engineer it is very hard to resist the temptation to "hack" when you know it is ready for you there. I got a chance to systematically review the code when implementing re-bind switch for flysky protocol and decided to write a GUI system that can be easily expanded. hard to judge if I've reached my goal, at least I had a lot of fun doing that ;)

PhracturedBlue wrote: FYI: you can upload .zip but not .7z. Also there are some file-size limits that may cause issues.

Let me know when you have the source in sufficiently good shape that i can look at it.

The pages you show look very nice by the way.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds