Trainer capabilities with Mixer function

More
06 May 2013 21:36 #9633 by richardclli
Trainer capabilities with Mixer function was created by richardclli
Seems the Deviation firmware do not have any trainer function included. I just think of a trainer function that the output is the mix of input from the sticks and the input from the trainer port.

Actually I used the trainer function a lot to train my son in playing the helicopters, but I never feel that the trainer function comes with Walkera transmitters is good to use for training.

Just see if this is possible with some directions and I will try developing the code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2013 01:29 #9635 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Trainer capabilities with Mixer function
Deviation includes trainer-out capabilities (configure Protocol = PPM) which allows using Deviation as the slave or with a simulator.
In the development code (but not 3.0) there is now PPM-In support which will enable the use of Deviation as the Master as well.

More
07 May 2013 08:25 #9652 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Trainer capabilities with Mixer function
Nice to hear this. How will the PPM input be handled in the development? I think it will be good and flexible to treat the PPM input as inputs and make use of the mixer functionality to setup the trainer function.

Walkera only supports the choice of which channel controls by trainer or trainee. But I think it will be interesting to mix the input of trainer and trainee so that the trainer can give help easier.

More
07 May 2013 12:56 - 07 May 2013 12:57 #9667 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Trainer capabilities with Mixer function
There are actually 2 different PPMin modes.
The 1st is designed specifically for a trainer mode. It just maps the PPMIn to a channel of your choice, and defines a switch to toggle all controls on/off.
The 2nd mode is more general, and treats the PPMIn as a raw input (well, strictly speaking it works more like a virtual channel, but there isn't much difference. You can then configure a trainer mode which can be modified by the master Tx, though it is more tedious to set up a bunch of complex mixers.
So it should be flexible enough to meet your needs.

This functionality is available in the nightly builds if you want to play with it.
Last edit: 07 May 2013 12:57 by PhracturedBlue.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds