Reboot encountered in 3.0.0 Firmware

More
25 Aug 2013 02:16 #13243 by richardclli
Reboot encountered in 3.0.0 Firmware was created by richardclli
I have used 3.0.0 firmware in Devo 8S for some time and have encountered several reboots, let me list out the symptom of the reboots and see if you have have any ideas on what is going on:

1. I never encounter reboot during flight
2. Reboot occurs in 2 major situations: 1. when adjusting the settings, 2. placing the D8S idle for some time, usually under heli tuning
3. These reboots will not generate any error log files, so not likely to be triggered by the watchdog timer.
4. There are many cases the reboots happens after I do a model copy and when I change some settings.

So I think there maybe some UI related bugs that will trigger a reboot, and seems model coping may be a trigger. I have several times copy a model, editing the changes and D8S rebooted. After reboot, the changes disappeared and the selected model is the source model that I copy from. See if this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2013 02:40 #13246 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Reboot encountered in 3.0.0 Firmware
I no longer have the bandwidth to work on debugging the 3.0 release, as the nightly code has moved too far away.

Several issues from 3.0 have been resolved, but I know there are still issues left in the nightly code. Still, issues reported against the nightly code are much more useful to me at this time.

More
25 Aug 2013 07:38 #13252 by dehalo
Replied by dehalo on topic Reboot encountered in 3.0.0 Firmware
Would it be possible to make a 3.1 release, with all the known bugfixes but without any new functionality?
I am not comfortable flying with nightly builds, as they are by definition untested.

More
25 Aug 2013 13:52 #13266 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Reboot encountered in 3.0.0 Firmware
Unfortunately not. This is exactly what I was saying. I do not have the resources to do this work.

More
26 Aug 2013 23:54 #13326 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Reboot encountered in 3.0.0 Firmware
I suspected that model copying got problem. Not sure if you discovered any bugs related to model copying after 3.0.0 released and fixed it. If not, then please point out where is the code doing model copying, I will try to read the code and see if I can found the problem.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds