random loss of rudder with Spektrum AR6100e rx

More
30 Oct 2013 20:36 #15147 by dawsonmobley
I have the nightly build of deviation on my 8s and fly about 8 different helis,planes and quads. Most have Walkera rx's, one is a nine eagles rx, and the only one I'm having trouble with is a quad with the AR6100e rx.

Ever since I got the quad it just randomly loses all rudder(yaw) control, as if that channel just came unplugged. It usually stops working and then starts working again with no intervention from me for anywhere from a few seconds to 20 seconds at the most so far.

I have replaced the rudder channel wire from the rx to the multiwii controller so I don't think it is a bad physical connection which leaves a few possibilities.
-The multiwi controller could have a problem
-The rx could be bad, although it has no issues otherwise
-and the reason I'm posting this here, could it be some comuunication issue between deviation and the spektrum rx(DSM2)?

If anybody has any ideas or seen something similar before I would love to hear them.

My next troubleshooting step is to replace the spektrumrx with a new devo RX701 I have on hand and see if the issue persists. If it does I think that would point to the multiwi board as the most likely source of the problem,correct?

This is a Flip quad from readytoflyquads.com and the controller is their own Flip Pro MWC Flight contoller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
30 Oct 2013 20:59 #15149 by rbe2012
Easiest first: try to use another channel for yaw (5 or 6).

More
31 Oct 2013 02:10 #15154 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic random loss of rudder with Spektrum AR6100e rx

rbe2012 wrote: Easiest first: try to use another channel for yaw (5 or 6).

good idea, I hadn't thought of trying that.

I switched yaw to aux1 tonight and flew most of a pack through it without issue. If I don't see the issue reoccur at all with the next 4 or 5 packs I run through it I will know for sure the rx just has a bad solder or something. That said, lately I have rarely not seen the problem occur at least once per pack and sometimes multiple times so the fact that it ran through a whole pack flawlessly tonight pretty much convinces me B)

thanks for the tip :)

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds