Bind two RXs and spread?

More
30 Oct 2013 22:47 #15152 by RoGuE_StreaK
Bind two RXs and spread? was created by RoGuE_StreaK
Stray thought; could it be theoretically possible to create a deviation that could bind to two DSM2 RXs at once, and spread the channels across the two? ie., have two 6ch RXs essentially act as one 12ch RX? Using two fixed IDs?

Actually that could prove quite interesting, could control two separate devices with the one TX at once...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2013 03:20 #15155 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Bind two RXs and spread?
It's impossible, you can bind two Rx with one Tx, but channels at both Rx will be same, ch1 - ch6.

More
31 Oct 2013 03:54 #15156 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Bind two RXs and spread?
So can't split it so for example Ch7 in the interface gets sent as Ch1 for RX2?

ie.
Ch1 = RX1 Ch1
Ch2 = RX1 Ch2
Ch3 = RX1 Ch3
Ch4 = RX1 Ch4
Ch5 = RX1 Ch5
Ch6 = RX1 Ch6

Ch7 = RX2 Ch1
Ch8 = RX2 Ch2
Ch9 = RX2 Ch3
Ch10 = RX2 Ch4
Ch11 = RX2 Ch5
Ch12 = RX2 Ch6

More
31 Oct 2013 04:16 #15157 by vlad_vy
No.

More
31 Oct 2013 04:33 #15158 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic Bind two RXs and spread?
You could however bind a 6 channel and a 12 channel receiver simultaneously and just not use the first 6 channels of the 12 channel receiver.

More
31 Oct 2013 04:48 - 31 Oct 2013 04:49 #15159 by RoGuE_StreaK
Nah, was seeing if there was a way of doing it on the cheap, 6Ch is $6. Not that I actually have any use for it yet, just a passing thought. Was wondering about a 2-stage bind process, where one RX is bound and then the other as separate entities, with the TX sending half of the channels to the first RX, the other half to the other.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2013 04:49 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
31 Oct 2013 05:11 #15160 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Bind two RXs and spread?

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: Stray thought; could it be theoretically possible to create a deviation that could bind to two DSM2 RXs at once, and spread the channels across the two? ie., have two 6ch RXs essentially act as one 12ch RX? Using two fixed IDs?

I have to diagree with Vlad: you can of course program such a feature. The DMS protocol sends packages rare enough to be able to to split the time and transmit to an other receiver too.
However you should rewrite quite a lot of code to achieve that...

More
31 Oct 2013 05:36 #15161 by RoGuE_StreaK

FDR wrote: However you should rewrite quite a lot of code to achieve that...

;) 'twas more out of curiosity than anything, I don't have the need yet, though I could probably give it a crack if I did need it; would such a thing be handled purely in protocol/dsm2.c? Would require a much better understanding of protocols than I currently have (which is a grand total of zilch :lol: )

More
31 Oct 2013 05:45 #15162 by vlad_vy
If you do it for yourself, then the lost time will cost more than 12 channel receiver.

More
31 Oct 2013 06:09 #15163 by RoGuE_StreaK
PB must have cost himself a hell of a lot of receivers. Lucky deviation's fairly stable and complete, 'cause we ain't gonna be doing any more work on it!

More
31 Oct 2013 07:52 #15165 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Bind two RXs and spread?

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: PB must have cost himself a hell of a lot of receivers. Lucky deviation's fairly stable and complete, 'cause we ain't gonna be doing any more work on it!

Sure all is not lost. We are seeing how much of a driving force PB was to deviation.

More
31 Oct 2013 08:24 #15166 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Bind two RXs and spread?

RoGuE_StreaK wrote:

FDR wrote: However you should rewrite quite a lot of code to achieve that...

;) 'twas more out of curiosity than anything, I don't have the need yet, though I could probably give it a crack if I did need it; would such a thing be handled purely in protocol/dsm2.c? Would require a much better understanding of protocols than I currently have (which is a grand total of zilch :lol: )

It's mainly the dsm2.c, but not only that, because you should maintan the storage of the second fixed id as well, and some way to indicate the need of the second transmittion.
Also since there is already a transmittion in each 4ms, which will decrease to 2ms if you send to 2 receivers, you will probably loose the ability to receive telemetry data inbetween the packages...

More
31 Oct 2013 20:03 #15175 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Bind two RXs and spread?
There was a feature in er9x where channels 1-8 would go out the normal tx module and channels 9-16 out the ppm trainer port for use with another module. Just thought I would mention it... probably of no use in our case. Unless you used something like an anylink and the plane had walkera and tatic rx's...

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds